Montreal Royal Defeats Westchester Phantoms, 130-96
Montreal, Canada. The ABA Montreal Royal defeated the Westchester Phantoms 130-96. It was an upset as the #6 ranked Phantoms were defeated by the Royal, now 4-11. The Royal had a strong start and quickly took a 14-point lead. During the second and third quarters, the Phantoms fought back and brought the deficit back to two. At that point, Montreal head coach King changed strategy and the players responded with energy and quickness and regained a 20-point lead.
Tommy Mitchell (37points), Manix Auriental (26 points) and Claude Delmas (24 points) were the Royal scoring leaders. Quilninious Randall also added 18 and was a factor in the paint. Jomo Belfor lead the Phantoms with 34. Three new players were introduced to the fans for the Royal: Claude Delmas (6'5), David Dubois (6'9) and Mohamed Fall (6'9). "We think we're ready to make a run for the playoffs now," said Royal GM Pascal Jobin. "We think we are an improved team and we hope tonight was the beginning of something good. We'll see on Friday, January 18th when we host the Halifax Rainmen." For more information, visit www.montrealroyal.com or www.abalive.com.
Note: OurSports Central no longer actively covers the American Basketball Association (ABA) as a professional league due in part to its inability to publish and play a schedule and the transitory nature of many of its teams. For information on professional minor leagues, please see OSC's basketball section.
• Discuss this story on the American Basketball Association message board...
American Basketball Association Stories from January 12, 2008
- Heaves Drop Millrats With Late Defensive Stand - Vermont Frost Heaves
- ABA welcomes Gomez Palacio Thundercats for 2008 - ABA
- Bacardi & Company Limited Becomes Bahama All Pro Show Gold Sponsor - Bahama Pro Show
- Bahama All Pro Show Introduces New Head Coach - Bahama Pro Show
- Montreal Royal Defeats Westchester Phantoms, 130-96 - Montreal Royal
- Bahama All Pro Show Set To Add Two More To Roster - Bahama Pro Show
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.