Mke Wave Dominate on Star Wars Night; Defeat St. Louis Ambush 14-6.
Your Six-Time Champion Milwaukee Wave used the force to get back to their winning ways Saturday night at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena as they defeated the St. Louis Ambush 14-6.
The dynamic duo of midfielder, number 26 Ian Bennett and forward number 24 Max Ferdinand scored over half of the Milwaukee Wave's points.
Bennett had 5 goals and an assist while Ferdinand contributed 3 goals and four assists. MKE Wave defender and newcomer from Costa Rica, number 15 Edder Nelson, had a huge night scoring his first professional goal.
"It feels really good just to get our offense going the way we did tonight," said Head Coach Giuliano Oliviero. Very happy for Edder on his first career goal. You have Robert Renaud putting up points every game and obviously Max and Ian doing their thing. It was great for the guys confidence moving forward and I think it's gonna be really beneficial.
Other Milwaukee Wave goals came from number 4 Sean Totsch, number 8 Robert Renaud, number 10 Ricardino Sobreia who contributed one goal. Number 14, Daniel Mattos had two goals.
The Milwaukee Wave now get ready to head across the state line to to face their arch-rival and the currently undefeated Chicago Mustangs, next Saturday December 10th from the Sears Center in Hoffman Estates, Illinois.
"We haven't won in Chicago since they've come into the league," said Oliviero. "It's a tough place to play and we're going to go in there with the mindset that we're coming out with a win. We played them in pre-season, they"# brought their full team and we played them really well. We know it's not going to be easy but I think our defense is going to be the key to that game. Chicago has got some great offensive players. If they defend really well, I think we will create other opportunities at the other end of the field."
Images from this story
Mke Wave Dominate on Star Wars Night; Defeat St. Louis Ambush 14-6
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from December 3, 2016
- Mke Wave Dominate on Star Wars Night; Defeat St. Louis Ambush 14-6. - Milwaukee Wave
- Ambush Lose 14-6 in Milwaukee - St. Louis Ambush
- Blast Defeat Tropics 5-1 - Baltimore Blast
- Sockers Top Stars in San Diego, 5-3 - Tacoma Stars
- Dallas Sidekick Break 4-Game Losing Streak - Dallas Sidekicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Milwaukee Wave Stories
- Washington County FC Joins ROC Ventures SC Wave Family
- Pereyra Pummels Orlando SeaWolves with Seven Point Game; Wave Win 12-6
- Wave Defeat Seawovles in Game One of Douleheader
- Back to Back Home Games for Milwaukee Wave this Weekend
- California Not Kind to Wave over the Weekend; Lose Second Straight Game Sunday Night