Mitchell Brewer and Nick Wong Invited to Participate with Hockey
Oshawa, ON- Hockey Canada announced today Oshawa Generals' defenceman Mitchell Brewer and forward Nick Wong will participate with Hockey Canada at the World Under 17 Hockey Challenge.
Brewer was the Generals 1st Round, 15th Overall pick in the 2017 OHL Priority Selection. The defenceman has two goals in nine games played in his rookie campaign to start the season. Drafted out of the Halton Hurricanes Minor Midget AAA program, Brewer suited up for 31 games this past season tallying 4 goals and 11 assists along with 36 penalty minutes.
Wong was drafted by the Generals in the 2nd Round, 38th Overall in the 2017 OHL Priority Selection. In his OHL rookie season, he has come out strong notching a hattrick in his first OHL game, for a season total of seven goals, one assist for eight points in nine games played. Last season, he suited up for the Mississauga Senators Minor Midget AAA. With the Senators, he had 16 goals and 13 assists for 29 points during the 2016/2017 campaign.
"I am very proud of how both players have started the year, they are off to a great start in their first OHL season" said Vice President and General Manager Roger Hunt. "As always, we are very supportive and proud of players who get the opportunity to represent their country and take part in the National Program with Hockey Canada."
The World Under 17 Hockey Challenge will be held in Dawson Creek and Fort St. John British Columbia from November 5th-11th 2017.
Jessica Corbett I Manager, Game Operations & Media Relations [cid:image001.png@01D34761.FF3835B0] OSHAWA GENERALS HOCKEY CLUB Tel: 905.433.0900 ext 2232 I Cell: 905.409.3178 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.oshawagenerals.com Check out the Oshawa Generals on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from October 17, 2017
- Keppen & Cavallin Selected to Represent Canada at 2017 World Under-17 Challenge - Flint Firebirds
- Oshawa Generals Acquire Hayden McCool from the Spitfires - Oshawa Generals
- 54 CHL PLAYERS CHOSEN TO REPRESENT CANADA AT 2017 WORLD UNDER-17 HOCKEY CHALLENGE - OHL
- CHL Announces Weekly Award Winners - OHL
- Team WHL Roster Announced for 2017 CIBC Canada Russia Session - OHL
- Mitchell Brewer and Nick Wong Invited to Participate with Hockey - Oshawa Generals
- Generals Acquire Cole Ceci from Storm - Oshawa Generals
- Hounds Acquire Johnson, Trio of Picks from Knights - Soo Greyhounds
- Firebirds Acquire Four Picks, Trade Sherwood to Kitchener - Flint Firebirds
- Kitchener Ranges and Flint Firebirds Announce Trade - Kitchener Rangers
- Oosterveld Winter Wear Drive Friday - Guelph Storm
- Ottawa 67's Game - Ottawa 67's
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oshawa Generals Stories
- Nando Eggenberger Commits to Generals
- Brewer and Wong to Join Future Generals Hockey Camp as Coaches
- OHL 20 in 20 Futures Watch: Oshawa Generals
- Gens Goaltending Coach Zac Bierk to Join the Arizona Coyotes
- Studnicka Invited to Hockey Canada 's World Junior Showcase