Milwaukee Wave Brings in 9-1 Win over Florida Tropics
The Milwaukee Wave had one of their best performances of the season tonight at the UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena. Thanks to the Milwaukee Wave defense and goalie Josh Lemos, the Wave will record their 18^th win of the season.
Final score: Milwaukee Wave 9, Florida Tropics 1.
"This was probably our most complete performance of the year," said Milwaukee Wave Head Coach Giuliano Oliviero. "It's always nice to see all their hard work and training pay off come game-time."
The Wave kept an incredibly strong defense throughout the entire game; only letting one out of 23 shots pass from the Florida Tropics. Tropics midfielder Victor Parreiras scored the one goal for the Tropics with just seven minutes left in the game.
"This game was great from the start," said Wave defender Chad Vandegriffe. "We came in with great intensity both blocking and scoring, and kept that up throughout the whole game. A lot of what we work on is keeping our shape and not allowing goals, and tonight we definitely delivered on that."
Wave forward #99 Andre Hayne drew the first goal, just minutes into the start of the game. #9 Robert Renaud, #18 Isaac Pereyra, #24 Max Ferdinand, and #26 Ian Bennett each scored 2 goals of their own afterwards.
"The boys had a great attitude, they played hard, and scored some great goals," added Head Coach Oliviero. "To top it all off we had some really great saves from Lemos. We're extremely happy with how tonight went. We had a great crowd- we really had everything."
Milwaukee Wave goalie Josh Lemos was named Professional Construction INC's 'Hardest Working Player of the Game,' and was also the face of tonight's giveaway- a bobble head presented by Midwest Orthopedic Specialty Hospital.
The Wave will now hit the road to take on the St. Louis Ambush on Friday, March 29^th. Match will take place at The Family Arena. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:35pm CDT.
Immediately following their road trip, the Wave will be back at the UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena on Sunday, March 31^st to take on the Orlando SeaWolves. Kickoff for the Rumble in the Jungle Game is scheduled for 1:05pm CDT.
Get tickets and more information by visiting MilwaukeeWave.com .
Milwaukee Wave vs. Florida Tropics Highlights. Saturday, March 23rd, 2019 - UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from March 23, 2019
- Comets Ride Strong Second Half to Strengthen Playoff Bid - Kansas City Comets
- Ambush Lose Heated Match to Comets - St. Louis Ambush
- Milwaukee Wave Brings in 9-1 Win over Florida Tropics - Milwaukee Wave
- Sockers Run Win Streak to a Sweet Sixteen in 9-3 Road Win - San Diego Sockers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Milwaukee Wave Stories
- Wave Earns 2019 MASL Championship Sunday Afternoon
- Wave Ready for Championship Game this Sunday at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena
- Popular SC Waukesha Program Is Now SC Wave
- Wave Will Host Championship Game Sunday, May 5th at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena
- Wave Advance to Championship Game After Defeating Rival Baltimore Blast