Michigan Ice back in action
After a week off, the Michigan Ice (3-14), women's pro fastpitch softball team, will be back in action against the Toyota Shokki, one of the top women's softball teams in Japan. The two teams are scheduled to face each other Friday evening at 5:30 pm and again on Saturday at 2:30pm. Both games will be played at Spring Arbor College.
The Ice are led by a pair of rookies in hitting and in the circle. Charity Butler (Southern Mississippi) is leading the team in batting average & RBI's at the plate while Janet Nagle (St. Thomas, MN) leads the team with two wins in the circle. Both players will be counted on heavily to help the Ice battle the Shokki. Grand Valley State alum Jenny Mackson is slated to start Saturday afternoon with Nagle getting the starting nod in Friday's clash.
ICE CHIPS...The Ice have placed pitcher Carrie Knight-Wilks (Concordia/EMU) on injured reserves for the remainder of the summer. Knight-Wilks suffered an injury to her pitching shoulder but should be healed in time for fall workouts.
ICE CHIPS...The Ice will be having a Golf Scramble on Wednesday August 9th at Currie Golf Course in Midland. Cost for the four-person team is $260 (or $65 per person). The shotgun-scramble will begin at 1:00pm with registration taking place at noon. For more information, call the Ice office at 989.495.0308.
• Discuss this story on the National Pro Fastpitch message board...
National Pro Fastpitch Stories from July 14, 2006
- Heat lose to Bandits - Arizona Heat
- Ice knock off Toyota Shokki 5-1 in extra-innings - Mid Michigan Ice
- Angus, Frankenstein Homer in Another 3-1 Riptide Win - New England Riptide
- Force continue to struggle, lose 3-1 to Riptide - Philadelphia Force
- Thunder Preparing for Weekend With Team USA - Rockford Thunder
- Michigan Ice back in action - Mid Michigan Ice
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.