Ice knock off Toyota Shokki 5-1 in extra-innings
The Michigan Ice, fresh off of a 10-day layoff, took home a 5-1 victory in 9-innings against Toyota Shokki, a women's pro softball team from Japan. The game was deadlocked at zero after 7-innings when the international rule took effect.
Both teams managed one-run in their half of the 8th with the Ice breaking the scoring drought with a Becky Manson RBI single. The Shokki tied it up in the bottom of the inning on a pass ball by winning pitcher Janet Nagle (3-5).
The Ice then scored four-runs in the top of the ninth, highlighted by Grete Hornstrom's two-run double which helped push the Ice advantage to 4 runs. Genny Hann added an RBI single in the ninth. Nagle went the distance for the Ice yielding the one run, three hits while striking out four. Hornstrom led the Ice with two hits.
The same two squads will face each other Saturday at 2:30. The game will be held at Spring Arbor College (Jackson, MI) and admission to the game is free.
• Discuss this story on the National Pro Fastpitch message board...
National Pro Fastpitch Stories from July 14, 2006
- Heat lose to Bandits - Arizona Heat
- Ice knock off Toyota Shokki 5-1 in extra-innings - Mid Michigan Ice
- Angus, Frankenstein Homer in Another 3-1 Riptide Win - New England Riptide
- Force continue to struggle, lose 3-1 to Riptide - Philadelphia Force
- Thunder Preparing for Weekend With Team USA - Rockford Thunder
- Michigan Ice back in action - Mid Michigan Ice
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.