McDonald's High School Basketball Players of the Month for November Named
FORT WAYNE, IN (December 10, 2013) - The Fort Wayne Mad Ants and McDonald's have partnered to recognize two outstanding high school basketball players in the Fort Wayne community. In November, McDonald's and the Mad Ants selected Derek Wanner and Brandi Dawson as the McDonald's High School Players of the Month. Both players will be recognized at an upcoming Mad Ants home game.
Derek Wanner, a senior at South Adams High School, helped lead the Starfires to a 2-2 record to start the season. Through 4 games he is averaging 18.5 points per game, 3 rebounds per game and is shooting 76% from the floor. Derek's main highlight so far this year came in a game in which he scored 39 points.
Brandi Dawson, a senior forward at Garrett High School is a star for the Railroaders. Brandi has lead her to team an 8-0 start and has the team ranked #7 in the state in the class 3A polls. She has recently eclipsed the 1,000 point mark for her career. Her biggest game this year came in a win over Angola, where she tallied 24 points and 20 rebounds to lead her team.
Call the Mad Ants office at 260-469-4667 to get your season tickets which start at just $99!
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 10, 2013
- Santa Cruz Warriors Add Dewayne Dedmon - Santa Cruz Warriors
- McDonald's High School Basketball Players of the Month for November Named - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Armor Partner with Kmart to Present Toy Drive - Springfield Armor
- NBA D-League Update - G League
- Bighorns Involved in Three Team Trade - Reno Bighorns
- Santa Cruz Warriors Acquire Draft Pick from Maine - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Armor Activate Guard/Forward Quinn McDowell - Springfield Armor
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.