Maxim Golod Signs Entry Level Contract with Anaheim Ducks
Erie, Pennsylvania - Erie Otters forward Maxim Golod has signed a three-year entry level contract with the Anaheim Ducks of the National Hockey League.
Golod, a 20-year-old forward, led the Otters in scoring during the 2019-20 campaign, finishing with 78 points (25G-53A), doubling his previous season's output of 35 points, in 63 games played. The 5-foot-11, 176-pound winger, was a 13th round draft pick (261st overall) of the Erie Otters at the 2016 OHL Priority Selection and has suited up for Erie in 178 games while compiling 146 points (54G-92A) in his three OHL seasons. A native of Concord, Ontario, Golod received valuable experience in his development during his invitations to attend NHL training camps with the Philadelphia Flyers in 2019 and Detroit Red Wings in 2018.
Maxim has received numerous end of season team awards over his three seasons, including: Most Valuable Player and Leading Scorer in 2020, Vinny Scott Award for Determination in 2019, and Rookie of the Year in 2018.
Golod is eligible to return for his fourth and overage season with the Erie Otters in 2020-21.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from October 14, 2020
- 'Hound Pound Station Mall' Opens Thurs. Oct 15 at 11 AM - Soo Greyhounds
- Maxim Golod Signs Entry Level Contract with Anaheim Ducks - Erie Otters
- 6,646 Meals Provided from Fill the Rangers Bus Event - Kitchener Rangers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Erie Otters Stories
- Wes Wolfe Supporting Real Men Wear Pink Campaign for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Maxim Golod Signs Entry Level Contract with Anaheim Ducks
- Chicago Blackhawks Select Chad Yetman at NHL Draft
- Anaheim Ducks Select Jamie Drysdale Sixth Overall at NHL Draft
- Erie Otters NHL Draft Central