6,646 Meals Provided from Fill the Rangers Bus Event
On Saturday, October 10th, we held the inaugural "Fill the Rangers Bus" event at Zehrs Laurentian from 10am-1pm. The purpose of the event was to raise funds and collect non-perishable goods for the Food Bank of Waterloo Region, in place of not having a home game during this year's Thanksgiving weekend. Partnering with Rangers Reach, Zehrs Laurentian, and Great Canadian Holidays & Coaches, a team of volunteers were on-site to receive donations.
Â We are proud to announce that we collected 1,347 pounds of food and $1,864.70.
Â For a total ofÂ 6,646 mealsÂ that will help feed those in need in our community.
The Kitchener Rangers would like to thank #RTown for coming out to show their support and for donating. Rangers COO, Joe Birch, said "we are so very proud to help support the Food Bank of Waterloo Region during this time. Thank you to all the fans and community members who joined us on Saturday to contribute to our inaugural 'Fill the Rangers Bus."
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from October 14, 2020
- 'Hound Pound Station Mall' Opens Thurs. Oct 15 at 11 AM - Soo Greyhounds
- Maxim Golod Signs Entry Level Contract with Anaheim Ducks - Erie Otters
- 6,646 Meals Provided from Fill the Rangers Bus Event - Kitchener Rangers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kitchener Rangers Stories
- 6,646 Meals Provided from Fill the Rangers Bus Event
- Kitchener Rangers 2020 NHL Draft Recap
- Kitchener Rangers Launch Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) Program
- Calgary Flames Name Rangers Alum Geoff Ward as Head Coach
- Joe McDonnell Gets "Another CrackÃ¢ÂÂ at Winning his Fifth Stanley Cup