Mavericks Sign Tommy Lange, Trade Perkins
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - The Missouri Mavericks announced today the Central Hockey League (CHL) club has signed forward Tommy Lange and traded defenseman Sean Perkins to the Allen Americans in exchange for future considerations.
Lange, 22 (7/11/87), is a native of St. Louis, Missouri and is the second player on the Mavericks' roster with Missouri ties joining forward Derek Pallardy. The 6-foot-2, 195-pound forward is in his second year as a pro and started this season in the ECHL. He played 14 games for both Toledo and Kalamazoo and finished with 10 points (5-5=10) and 21 penalty minutes before coming to Missouri. Lange played his rookie season with the Kalamazoo Wings (IHL) and finished with 49 points (25-24=49) in 75 games. He had an eight-game point streak and a six-game goal streak during his rookie season, and was named to the IHL's All-Rookie Team. Before turning pro, Lange played two seasons of junior hockey and was a member of the CSHL National Champion St. Louis Jr. Blues in 2006.
"We are excited to pick up a player like Tommy Lange," said Mavericks' President and General Manager Brent Thiessen. "We hope that he will make an immediate impact and put points on the board."
Perkins, 23 (11/18/86), heads to the Allen Americans after playing in all 25 games for Missouri this season. The Commerce, Michigan native finished with nine points (2-7=9) and 24 penalty minutes for the Mavericks. He was one of five players on the Mavericks' roster to compete in every game. In order to complete the trade, the rights of a player to be named after the season will be traded to the Mavericks.
"This trade is a product of us trying to get where we want to be," added Thiessen. "Obviously we aren't content right now, and we are going to continue to make changes until we get where we want to be."
The Mavericks host the Laredo Bucks tonight at 7:05 p.m. at Independence Events Center. It is a Price Chopper "Two-for-Tuesday" game in which fans can purchase one terrace or club level ticket and get one free. The tickets must be purchased at the Box Office on the day of the game, and fans must show their Chopper Shopper card. For more information, visit www.MissouriMavericks.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 22, 2009
- Mavericks Battle To 6-5 Shootout Win Over Bucks - Kansas City Mavericks
- Eagles Hang On For 6-5 Win Over Rush - Colorado Eagles
- RiverKings "Power" Past IceRays 5-3 - Corpus Christi IceRays
- RiverKings Hold Off Corpus Christi - Mississippi RiverKings
- Americans Drop Second Straight Game In Regulation To Jackalopes 5-1 - Allen Americans
- Bucks Move Into Third With Shootout Loss - Laredo Bucks
- Martin's 44 Saves Highlights Odessa's 5-1 Win - Odessa Jackalopes
- Americans Acquire Defenseman Perkins From Missouri - Allen Americans
- Wingnuts Return Colton For 2010 - Wichita Thunder
- Americans' Drew Owsley Named CHL Goaltender Of The Week - CHL
- Jacks Game Notes - Odessa Jackalopes
- Mavericks Sign Tommy Lange, Trade Perkins - Kansas City Mavericks
- Missouri's Doug Groenestege Wins Weekly Award - CHL
- RiverKings Meet The IceRays In Corpus Christi - Mississippi RiverKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks, Thunder Announce Salvation Army Kettle Challenge
- Mavericks Clinch Best Start in Team History with Seventh-Straight Win
- Game Day Report: Mavericks Face Thunder in Kids Day Game Clash
- Mavericks, Mariners Announce Future Considerations Trade
- Mavs Monday Report: November 12