Mavericks Send O'Nabigon to Arizona to Complete Trade
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - The Missouri Mavericks announced Thursday the Central Hockey League (CHL) club has sent forward Nathan O'Nabigon to the Arizona Sundogs to complete a trade in which the Mavericks received goaltender Levente Szuper in exchange for defenseman Steven Kaunisto and future considerations. O'Nabigon fulfills the future considerations portion of the trade.
"Finding a goaltender with Levente's experience and talent does not come without a price at this time of year," said Mavericks' Head Coach Scott Hillman. "We have made positive strides to strengthen our team and are working very hard to be a team that is tougher to play against and tougher to beat. We have won four of our last five games but have a long way to go. We wish Nathan the very best as he enters the next phase of his hockey career."
O'Nabigon, 28 (5/9/83), is currently in his fourth professional season. In 66 games played with the Mavericks over the past two seasons, the Longlac, Ontario native posted 29 points on nine goals and 20 assists. Overall, he has 37 goals and 49 assists in 184 games played in the CHL.
The CHL mandates all teams must have 19 men on the roster. Missouri had 20 players on the roster and was forced to make a move to be within the parameters set by the Central Hockey League.
Missouri will play three games in three nights this weekend starting on Friday, January 13 when the Mavericks host the Allen Americans at Independence Events Center. Missouri will then travel to Bloomington before heading back to Independence to take on the Fort Wayne Komets on Sunday, January 15. Tickets for all regular season games are on sale via Ticketmaster. Call (816) 252-7825 for more information or visit www.MissouriMavericks.com .
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 12, 2012
- Sundogs Receive O'Nabigon from Mavericks - Arizona Sundogs
- Mavericks Send O'Nabigon to Arizona to Complete Trade - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Add to Defensive Core - Wichita Thunder
- Dayton Gems Announce Roster Moves - Dayton Gems
- Two New Dates for IceMen Live Radio Show - Evansville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Home Schedule
- Mavericks Trainer Nick Potter Wins ECHL Athletic Trainer of the Year Award
- Kansas City Mavericks Wrap up 10th Season with Return to the Playoffs
- Mavericks Eliminated in Game Seven Loss at Tulsa
- Mavericks Head to Game Seven After 4-2 Loss in Game Six at Tulsa