Mavericks Add Zach Cohen and Garrett Ladd to Roster
INDEPENDENCE, MO - The Missouri Mavericks officially announced the acquisition of forwards Zach Cohen and Garrett Ladd on Wednesday afternoon, in addition to the trade of Scott Wamsganz to the Alaska Aces (ECHL) for future considerations.
Cohen joins the Mavericks from the Rapid City Rush (ECHL), having played 35 games for the West Division team, where he collected 16 points (7 G, 9A). The 6'3" left winger from Schaumburg, IL spent four years at Boston University (NCAA) before beginning his professional career with the Lake Erie Monsters of the American Hockey League (AHL) in 2010. He will wear number 26 for the Mavericks.
Ladd, a native of Fenton, MI, split the start of his 2015-16 season between the Adirondack Thunder (ECHL) and the Elmira Jackals before being signed by the Mavericks. The 26 year-old rookie has notched 3 goals and 3 assists through 24 games this season. He will wear number 15 for Missouri.
Wamsganz, who the Mavericks acquired in a trade with the Orlando Solar Bears (ECHL) earlier this month, appeared in 5 games for Missouri, scoring his first professional goal on Jan. 9 on the road against the Rapid City Rush (ECHL).
The Mavericks return home to Silverstein Eye Centers Arena on Friday, Jan. 22 to face the Tulsa Oilers at 7:05p.m. The Mavs are celebrating Mac's (mascot) Birthday with all of his mascot friends, and the first 1,500 fans in attendance will receive a limited edition Mac bobble head upon entrance. Doors open at 6:00p.m.
Tickets for all Missouri Mavericks home games are available online at TicketMaster.com and in-person at the arena box office.
Don't miss the biggest hockey home-stand in Kansas City history as the Mavs play 14 home games over the course of 31 days (Jan. 22 - Feb. 21) at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena. Full game and promotions schedule available at MissouriMavericks.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 20, 2016
- Steelheads Acquire Goaltender Branden Komm - Idaho Steelheads
- Magee Reassigned to Stingrays, Komm Traded to Idaho - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - January 20 - ECHL
- Aces Acquire Anchorage Native Scott Wamsganz - Alaska Aces
- IceMen Trade Dieude-Fauvel to Rapid City - Evansville IceMen
- Cohen Sent to Missouri - Rapid City Rush
- Mavericks Add Zach Cohen and Garrett Ladd to Roster - Kansas City Mavericks
- Norfolk Admirals Weekly - Norfolk Admirals
- Rush Add World Championship Veteran - Rapid City Rush
- Defenseman Tyler Ganly Recalled to AHL Charlotte - Florida Everblades
- Michalek Recalled by Iowa - Quad City Mallards
- Simpson Player of the Week - Adirondack Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Home Schedule
- Mavericks Trainer Nick Potter Wins ECHL Athletic Trainer of the Year Award
- Kansas City Mavericks Wrap up 10th Season with Return to the Playoffs
- Mavericks Eliminated in Game Seven Loss at Tulsa
- Mavericks Head to Game Seven After 4-2 Loss in Game Six at Tulsa