Mavericks Add Two from Chicago Wolves Camp
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - The Missouri Mavericks announced Thursday the Central Hockey League (CHL) team has signed defenseman Saverio (Sam) Posa and forward Cody Crichton. Both Posa and Crichton attended the Chicago Wolves camp. The Mavericks are affiliated with the Chicago Wolves in the American Hockey League (AHL). The Mavericks are currently at 25 players signed to their pre-season roster.
Posa, 21 (6/5/92), spent the past four seasons in the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) with the Windsor Spitfires and Guelph Storm. The 5-foot-10, 176 pound defenseman finished his OHL career with 51 points (6-4551) points in 232 games.
"Sam made a great impression on the entire organization in Chicago. He performed very well in the pre-season game and demonstrated a high level skill set," Hillman said. "Although he is just 21 years old, he brings with him the experience of a Memorial Cup Championship in 2010. He skates really well and competes extremely hard."
Crichton, 25 (2/19/88), spent last season in the East Coast Hockey League (ECHL). Prior to the ECHL, the 5-foot-11, 170 pound forward spend four seasons at Robert Morris University. During his college career, he totaled 52 points (15-3852) in 113 games. Crichton played three seasons with the Brampton Capitals, before attending Robert Morris University, in the Ontario Junior Hockey League (OJHL). He totaled an impressive 154 points (58-96154) in 136 games.
"Crichton will come in ready to compete for a spot in our opening night line-up. He is hungry to get settled into his pro career," Hillman said. "These two players add skill and depth to our training camp. Although this is our smallest training camp in team history; it will prove to be our most competitive."
The Mavericks play their first home game on November 2. Individual tickets and Season tickets are on sale now. With season tickets starting at just over $11 per game and FREE parking, the Mavericks are the pinnacle of family affordable entertainment.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from October 3, 2013
- Jr. Thunder Sign Two, Add Son of Thunder Head Coach - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Add Two from Chicago Wolves Camp - Kansas City Mavericks
- Sundogs Training Camp Opens October 7th - Arizona Sundogs
- Mallards Sign Defenseman Rioux - Quad City Mallards
- Chill Adds Bart Hull to Front Office - St. Charles Chill
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Atlanta's Late Goals Haunt Mavericks, KC Downed 4-3
- Durocher's Hat Trick Not Enough in Mavericks 5-3 Loss at South Carolina
- Mavericks Can't Contain Greenville, Drop Second Game of Road Trip 5-3
- Mavs Monday: East Coast Road Trip
- Mavericks Falter in Third Period, Fall 6-2 to Tulsa