Mavericks Add Justin Kirsch and Frank Schumacher to Training Camp Roster
Independence, Missouri - Sept. 25, 2014 - The Missouri Mavericks announced Thursday afternoon that they have signed forward Justin Kirsch and defenseman Frank Schumacher to standard player contracts ahead of this season's training camp.
"I worked with Justin Kirsch two years ago in Allen during the playoffs," recalled Matvichuk, "he is just an all-around great hockey player who will add a lot to our strategy this season."
Justin Kirsch, Allen Americans, 2013. (Photo Credit:AllenAmericans.com)
The 22-year-old rookie from Chilliwack, BC joins the Missouri Mavericks fresh from a year playing at Mount Royal College where he scored 6 goals, 9 assists through 27 games. The 6'2" 184lb forward was called up by the Allen Americans of the Central Hockey League (CHL) during their 2013 playoff run. Kirsch notched 1 goal and 2 assists during this 5-game professional debut.
"Frank Schumacher is a great kid coming out of junior hockey with good numbers," said Matvichuk of the 20-year-old defenseman. "We're excited to get him to camp and see what he can do."
Frank Schumacher, Gatineau Olympiques 2013-14. (Photo Credit: Francois Laplante/FreestylePhoto/Getty Images North America)
Schumacher, 20, of Brighton, MI played his 2013-14 season in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) - a Major Junior hockey league - with the Shawinigan Cataractes and the Gatineau Olympiques. Through 40 games split between these two teams, the young 6'1" 204lb defenseman put up 9 goals, 18 assists, and 24 penalty minutes.
The Missouri Mavericks 2014-15 season schedule is available online at MissouriMavericks.com. Season tickets are on sale now, as well as Mini Pack ticket packages that allow fans to customize their own ticket package for more Mavs hockey at great savings! Visit MissouriMavericks.com for more information about tickets and pricing or call 816-252-7825 and speak with a ticket representative today!
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from September 25, 2014
- Rush Players to AHL Camps - Rapid City Rush
- Mallards Invite Fans to Design Jersey - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Add Justin Kirsch and Frank Schumacher to Training Camp Roster - Kansas City Mavericks
- Tickets on Sale Friday for Home Opener - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavs' Win Streak Snapped at Seven
- Game Day Report: Mavericks, Thunder Continue Three-Game Set Friday
- Mavericks, Thunder Announce Salvation Army Kettle Challenge
- Mavericks Clinch Best Start in Team History with Seventh-Straight Win
- Game Day Report: Mavericks Face Thunder in Kids Day Game Clash