Masoli to Miss Rest of 2019 Season
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Saturday that quarterback Jeremiah Masoli will miss the remainder of the 2019 Canadian Football League season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee.
Masoli suffered the injury with five minutes remaining in the first quarter of Friday's 23-15 win over the Winnipeg Blue Bombers at Tim Hortons Field in Hamilton. No date for surgery has been determined.
Through six games this season, the 5-10, 228-pound native of San Francisco, California is ranked second in the CFL in passing touchdowns (9), third in completions (125) and passing yards (1,576), and is tied for fourth in rushing touchdowns (4). The Tiger-Cats currently sit atop the CFL standings with a 5-1 record and will head to Regina this week to play the Saskatchewan Roughriders on Thursday, August 1 at 9:30 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from July 27, 2019
- Masoli to Miss Rest of 2019 Season - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Offensive Lineman Landon Rice Back with the Alouettes - Montreal Alouettes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hamilton Tiger-Cats Stories
- Tiger-Cats Clinch Playoff Berth and Home Playoff Game
- Tiger-Cats Add American Defensive End Bethune to Practice Roster
- Tiger-Cats Add Four Players to Practice Roster, Including Running Back Sutton
- '99 Grey Cup Team Reunion Set for Rob Hitchcock's Wall of Honour Night on October 4
- Evans and Addison Named CFL Top Performers for Week 12