Maryland Native Goalie, Andrew Takacs Secures First NAHL Victory
ODENTON, MD - Maryland Black Bears Goalie Andrew Takacs helped lead his team to a win this past Saturday against the New Jersey Titans. Takacs gave Black Bear Nation the royal treatment during the last home game of the 2018-2019 season and a possible look into the future for the Black Bears. The goalie played all sixty-five minutes in the overtime victory, made 31 saves, and put up a .939 SV%.
The Maryland native was born and raised in Dunkirk, Maryland. The 6'2 185-pound goaltender previously played on Team Maryland's 16U team and attended DeMatha Catholic High school, a WCAC sports powerhouse. During his high school career, Takacs averaged an impressive 2.29 GAA and a 908 SV%. His performance signifies the bright future for the Maryland Black Bears and the growth of hockey in the Maryland region.
"We were very impressed with Andrew's composure in his first Junior A start with the Black Bears," said Head Coach Clint Mylymok. "It was exciting to see another Maryland native play in front of the home fans in a Maryland Black Bears uniform. He did his part all game long, and made the big save when needed."
"Takacs is a hockey player that is easy to root for," said Team Maryland Hockey Director Chris Ceransky. "Andrew is a great young man, has an amazing work ethic, and is highly skilled. It is great to see a Team Maryland product earn this opportunity, and there is no better ambassador for Team Maryland than Andrew. The sky is the limit for Andrew Takacs."
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from March 22, 2019
- Third Period Slip-Up Dooms Bruins, Fall 3-2 to Bobcats - Austin Bruins
- Knights Rally for Point against Northeast - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights
- Titans Split in Maryland, Prepare to Host Rebels - New Jersey Junior Titans
- Maryland Native Goalie, Andrew Takacs Secures First NAHL Victory - Maryland Black Bears
- Game Day - Aberdeen Wings
- Playoff Preview? - Minot Minotauros
- Dorr Closes Door on Jackalopes, Pilots Earn 2-0 Victory - Topeka Pilots
- Jackalopes Get Shutout at JackShack - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Maryland Black Bears Stories
- Recent Black Bears Alum and Junior Hockey Graduate Bradley Jenion Commits to Trine University
- Jason Deskins Joins Black Bears as Assistant General Manager and Head Scout
- Black Bears Tender Forward Logan Kittleson and Defenseman Anthony Mollica
- Forward Luke Mountain Named to NAHL East Division All-Rookie Team
- Black Bears Tender Goalie Ben Fritsinger