Jackalopes Get Shutout at JackShack
ODESSA, TX - It was a tough night for the Odessa Jackalopes as they they failed to find the back of the net. The Jackalopes sent over 40 shots on net but none of them went through as the Jacks fell 2-0 to the Topeka Pilots at the Ector County Coliseum on Thursday.
The first goal came late in the first period after the Pilots capitalized off a turnover to take a 1-0 lead. After a scoreless second period, that saw both sides have quality chances, the Pilots scored again while playing four-on-four. The second goal came early in the third period off a sudden Topeka rush.
Though the Jackalopes pushed hard, and had a two-on-zero to boot, they could not beat Mclean Dorr the Topeka netminder.
With the loss the Jacks fall to 20-32-1-1 on the season. They will face the Pilots again on Friday at 7:11 pm.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from March 22, 2019
- Third Period Slip-Up Dooms Bruins, Fall 3-2 to Bobcats - Austin Bruins
- Knights Rally for Point against Northeast - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights
- Titans Split in Maryland, Prepare to Host Rebels - New Jersey Junior Titans
- Maryland Native Goalie, Andrew Takacs Secures First NAHL Victory - Maryland Black Bears
- Game Day - Aberdeen Wings
- Playoff Preview? - Minot Minotauros
- Dorr Closes Door on Jackalopes, Pilots Earn 2-0 Victory - Topeka Pilots
- Jackalopes Get Shutout at JackShack - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.