Marjon Beauchamp Signs with NBA G League Ignite
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. - MarJon Beauchamp, a former four-star recruit, has signed with NBA G League Ignite, NBA G League President Shareef Abdur-Rahim announced today.
Beauchamp joins an Ignite roster that features top young standouts Jaden Hardy, Michael Foster Jr., Scoot Henderson and Dyson Daniels. The team is coached by former NBA player Jason Hart.
"I chose the Ignite path because I know it's going to prepare me both on and off the court," Beauchamp said. "It's a great opportunity to showcase my skills while staying humble and learning what it takes to be a professional."
Beauchamp played at Yakima Valley College, where he averaged 30.7 points, 10.5 rebounds and 4.8 assists while shooting 52.5 percent from the field and 39.8 percent from three-point range in 12 games.
Ignite is coming off a successful inaugural season that produced NBA Lottery picks Jalen Green (No. 2 overall, Houston Rockets) and Jonathan Kuminga (No. 7 overall, Golden State Warriors). This year's team will make its official debut Friday, Nov. 5 against the South Bay Lakers to tip off the 2021 NBA G League Showcase Cup.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from September 23, 2021
- New Orleans Pelicans Rookie and Alabama Product Herbert Jones' Dedication, Motivation Started at an Early Age - Birmingham Squadron
- Fort Wayne Acquires Justin Anderson's Rights in Trade with Long Island - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Long Island Nets Acquire Returning Player Rights to Josh Gray - Long Island Nets
- Vipers Announces New Partnership with TicketSmarter - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- College Park Skyhawks Welcome Basketball Back with Two Events this Weekend - College Park Skyhawks
- Marjon Beauchamp Signs with NBA G League Ignite - NBA G League Ignite
- Motor City Cruise Completes Basketball Operations Staff - Motor City Cruise
- Wisconsin Herd Names Chaisson Allen as Head Coach - Wisconsin Herd
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.