Mariner Goalkeeper Matt Nelson Invited to Train With Columbus Crew
Mariner goalkeeper Matt Nelson was invited to train with the Columbus Crew for two days. He left Virginia Beach today. Nelson was invited to Columbus due to the season-ending injury to starter and ex-Mariner Jon Busch and an injury to backup Matt Jordan. Crew Coach Greg Andrulis is aware of the Mariners' current 3-week break in play and invited Nelson to camp. The Crew rosters two developmental keepers, Andrew Terris and Bill Gaudette. Nelson is expected to return to Virginia Beach late Friday.
• Discuss this story on the USL First Division message board...
USL First Division Stories from June 16, 2005
- Impact to host Battery - Montreal Impact
- Battery Welcomes Kickers - Charleston Battery
- Mariners Will Host U.S. Open Cup Second Round Match on June 29 - Virginia Beach Mariners
- Mariner Goalkeeper Matt Nelson Invited to Train With Columbus Crew - Virginia Beach Mariners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Virginia Beach Mariners Stories
- Mariners host Miami for Fan Appreciation Night
- Mariners host Montreal Friday and Sunday
- Harrison returns to Real Salt Lake
- Mariners host Minnesota
- Simmonds named to USL First Division Team of the Week