Marietta Storm, coach Garrett part ways
June 4, 2006-JUSTT Us, LLC - owners of the Storm reported ending the contract with Head Coach/GM Lionel Garrett. The decision came about as the Storm try to restructure their organization to make a serious run at the championship.
In spite of the plethora of talent on the Storm's roster they have fallen short in the victory column. The Storm are currently 5-7, with a record of 3-3 at home, 0-4 on the road, plus two wins through forfeiture. They have lost 3 in a row and 5 of the last 6 games.
Can the Storm still win the championship? "Yes", stated assistant coach Revelle Williams. "With the necessary adjustments anything's possible", he replied.
The organization has made no formal announcements of a replacement at this time. However, they did state that their coaching staff which consists of Kerol Armstead, Courtney Brooks and Revelle Williams will remain intact.
The Storm's next game is at Cartersville on June 9th. Go to www.mariettastorm.com for more information
• Discuss this story on the World Basketball Association message board...
World Basketball Association Stories from June 4, 2006
- Marietta Storm, coach Garrett part ways - Marietta Storm
- Rome Gladiators voted #1 minor league basketball team in USA - Rome Rage
- Gladiators win series over Heat - Rome Rage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Marietta Storm Stories
- WBA's Marietta Storm Players To Babysit, Read To Toddlers Who Live At Shelter
- Big Cat Records Rap Label Owner Buys WBA Team The Marietta Storm
- Atlanta Music Mogul To Introduce New Sports Team
- Marietta Storm Claims 113-101 Home Win Over Florida Flight
- Hannah To Miss Storm's Game At Gwinnett Thursday