Manatees to hold golf tournament in support of Jorge Lopez
VIERA, Fla. - On Friday, August 8, the Brevard County Manatees will hold a charity golf tournament at Turtle Creek Golf Club in Rockledge in support of pitcher Jorge Lopez.
The "18 for 18" charity tournament is being held to raise funds for Lopez and his family. Jorge's son, Maikel, is nearly a year old and has only spent a couple of days outside of the hospital due to an unknown autoimmune disease. All proceeds of this tournament will go to the Lopez family to cover travel for his family between Puerto Rico and Miami, as well as medical costs.
The event will begin at 1 p.m. and it will cost $75 per person to participate and $200 for a threesome plus a Manatee player, coach or staff member. A foursome will cost $250, while hole sponsorships are available for $150. The latest date to RSVP for the "18 for 18" tournament is Friday, August 1.
For more information, visit ManateesBaseball.com or contact Kevin Soto at (321) 633-9200 ext. 3006.
Lopez was the one member of the Milwaukee Brewers organization to be named to the Sirius/XM All-Star Futures Game this year in Minneapolis. On the year, he is 8-5 with a 3.54 ERA in 17 starts.
For more information on the Brevard County Manatees, call (321) 633-9200 or go online to ManateesBaseball.com. Also, don't forget to like the Manatees on Facebook and follow the Manatees both on Twitter and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from July 26, 2014
- Goetz at It Again with Walk-Off Hit - Jupiter Hammerheads
- 'Crabs Beat Blue Jays 6-1 - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Mejia Clutch in 8-6 Extra Inning Win over Tampa - Fort Myers Mighty Mussels
- Saturday's Brevard County/Palm Beach Game Postponed - Brevard County Manatees
- Manatees to hold golf tournament in support of Jorge Lopez - Brevard County Manatees
- Friday's Doubleheader Between Mets and Cubs Washed Out - St. Lucie Mets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.