Mallards Add Two Assistant Coaches to Staff
Madison, WI - The Madison Mallards have announced the signing of two assistants for the 2019 season. Daniel Goodbread (Fredonia State) and Shawn Brown (Countryside High School) will be joining skipper Donnie Scott in Madison this summer.
Goodbread, from Syracuse, New York started his baseball employment working for the AAA-Syracuse Chiefs as a bat boy. His college baseball career began with two seasons at Finger Lakes Community College, during which, he was part of the team that won a school record 40 games. Goodbread is still in the record books for 4th most hits in a season (62). After those two seasons he went on to play his final two years of eligibility at Fredonia State. Goodbread graduated from Fredonia State with a degree in Sport Management, while minoring in Athletic Coaching. He is working towards becoming a head coach at the collegiate level.
Brown, a 4 year starter at Rider University, has been around high-level baseball since his collegiate playing career. During his tenure he was voted Player of the Year of New Jersey College Division, 1st team All Conference, and two-time Team MVP. In 1993 he was drafted in the 25th round by the Detroit Tigers, and played professionally until 1995, moving around the minor league system. Since 1998, Brown has been a pitching coach at many different schools, including a stint as an Associate Scout for the Texas Rangers from 2011-2015. Currently, Brown lives in Florida with his wife and two children working as a Head Varsity Baseball Coach at Countryside High School. Along with a wealth of knowledge in baseball, Brown also has experience flying and traveling. He currently holds his private pilot license and enjoys the running of the bulls in Pamplona, Spain.
The Mallards open the 2019 campaign on May 28 against newcomers to the Northwoods League, the Kokomo Jackrabbits. Single game tickets are on sale now! For all ticket information and pricing, click here. Group and season ticket packages are also on sale now. If interested in bringing a group out or purchasing a ticket package please call the ticket office at 608-246-4277 and a group representative will be available to help.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from April 30, 2019
- Mallards Add Two Assistant Coaches to Staff - Madison Mallards
- HAIRBALL to Headline Metro Family Rock Stage Presented by Metro Kia and Metro Ford at Festival Foods Shake the Lake 2019 - Madison Mallards
- Traverse City Pit Spitters Invite All Fans to Join Them for Their First Event at the Ballpark - Traverse City Pit Spitters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Madison Mallards Stories
- Mallards Bring in Three Tar Heel Arms
- Mallards Land Four Wisconsin Natives for 2020
- Trio of 2019 Mallards Headed Back to Madison
- Mallards Featuring $5 Grandstand and $25 Great Dane Duck Blind Tickets in #TurnBackTuesday Flash Special
- Mallards to Host We Didn't Start the Fire Sale at the Duck Pond