Magicians Split Series vs. MN Wilderness
Richfield, MN- The Minnesota Magicians lost the first game in the series vs. the Minnesota Wilderness, but won 3-2 on Saturday the 6th.
On Friday, the Magicians headed a few hours north to Cloquet, MN, where they fell 5-1. Magician's goaltender, Mitchell James (Maple Grove, MN), faced 32 shots, saving all but 5. Carter Breitenfeldt (Plymouth, Mn) had the lone goal for the Magicians, scored on the power play after the Wilderness were given two minutes for holding. The goal was assisted by Matt Stanton (Stillwater, MN) and Moritz Wirth (Fuerth, Germany).
The Magicians rallied on Saturday night, bringing the Minnesota show-down back home to Richfield. The Wilderness struck early in the first, with Gino Lucia being credited with the goal, assisted by Nick Portz and Tyler Watkins.
However, the Magicians came back with vengeance in the 2nd, scoring two goals to put them in the lead. John Keranen (Delano, MN) had an unassisted goal to put the Magicians on the board, followed by a short-handed goal scored by Andrew Kruse (Delano, MN) with an assist by Keranen.
Saturday night was a good night for the Magi Captains, with Keranen scoring his second of the game during the third period, assisted by Matt Stanton(Stillwater, MN) and Alternate Captain Cam Buhl (South St. Paul, MN). Shortly after, Keranen was sent to the box for a five minute major penalty for cross-checking, and was also given a ten minute game misconduct, which resulted in his ejection from the game. The Wilderness took advantage of this, with Jack Suchy scoring the second and final goal on the power play.
The Magicians are back in action this weekend against the Springfield Jr. Blues, the puck drops at 7:15pm on Friday and 7:05pm on Saturday. To stay up to date on the latest Magicians news, make sure to follow us on Instagram (@minnesotamagicians), Twitter (@MNMagiciansNAHL) and Facebook. #LetsGoMagi
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from October 8, 2018
- Logan Jenuwine Named South Player of Week - Amarillo Bulls
- Joe Strada Names NAHL Central Division Star of the Week; Matt Vernon Honorable Mention - Aberdeen Wings
- Magicians Split Series vs. MN Wilderness - Minnesota Magicians
- NAHL Announces Divisional Stars of the Week - NAHL
- IceRays Add Trevor Jewell to Coaching Staff - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Banner Night in Minot - Minot Minotauros
- Bears Defeat Generals 4-2 - Maryland Black Bears
- Black Bears Unable to Complete Weekend Sweep - Maryland Black Bears
- Pilots Get Shutout by Jr. Blues - Topeka Pilots
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.