Mad Ants Acquire Xavier Thames
FORT WAYNE, IN (February 11, 2015) -The Fort Wayne Mad Ants officially announce today that they have acquired former San Diego State standout Xavier Thames. Thames, pending a physical, is scheduled to join the team for their Tuesday, February 17th match-up against the Maine Red Claws.
Thames began his colligate playing career at Washington State, where in his freshman year helped lead the team to the Great Alaska Shootout Title in 2009. He would transfer the next year to San Diego State, where in his first year with the Aztecs, was named to the Honorable Mention All-Mountain West Team upon averaging 10.1 points and 4.1 assists per game. By his senior year, Thames was averaging 17.6 points and 3.2 assists per game in his 36 games with San Diego State; these stats resulted in Thames being named the 2014 Mountain West Player of the Year, but also named to the All-Mountain West Conference First Team and Mountain West Conference All-Defensive Team.
Thames was selected by the Toronto Raptors as the 59th overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft, but was then traded to the Brooklyn Nets.
The Mad Ants are currently off for the All-Star week and will be back in action Tuesday, February 17th as they host the Maine Red Claws at 7:00 p.m. Fans can purchase Mad Ants tickets anytime, which start at just $6, at the Memorial Coliseum Box Office, by visiting www.ticketmaster.com, or charge by phone at 1-800-745-3000.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 11, 2015
- Suns Recall Bullock, Goodwin from Bakersfield - Bakersfield Jam
- Shane Gibson to Participate in Three-Point Contest - Idaho Stampede
- Grand Rapids Drive Partner with GRKIDS.COM for Special Promotion - Grand Rapids Drive
- Vander Blue to Participate in NBA D-League Three-Point Contest - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Three-Point Specialists, High-Flying Dunkers Compete in 2015 NBA D-League Dream Factory - G League
- Mad Ants Acquire Xavier Thames - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Warriors Dropped by Bakersfield - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Jam Overcome Slow Start to Beat Warriors 102-96 - Bakersfield Jam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Mad Ants Stories
- Sumner's 35 Propels Mad Ants to Third Consecutive Win
- Alize Johnson Leads Offensive Surge for Mad Ants against Red Claws
- Mad Ants Pick up First Win of the Season against Erie
- Pacers Assign Alize Johnson and Edmond Sumner to Fort Wayne
- Mad Ants Acquire Ben Moore, Release Michael Orris