Louisville City FC Finalizes Transfer of Mark-Anthony Kaye
LOUISVILLE - Louisville City Football Club has transferred midfielder Mark-Anthony Kaye to MLS side LAFC, the club announced today. Per club policy, terms of the deal will not be disclosed.
"We're obviously really pleased that Mark-Anthony has been able to get this opportunity," said head coach James O'Connor. "He's worked very hard throughout his time here and I think it's important that we thank him for all his efforts. He's a great young man and is someone we hope goes on to have a long and successful career in MLS."
Kaye, 23, joins LAFC after two years with LouCity, starting in 30 games over 50 appearances across all competitions. A native of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Kaye joined the club in 2015 after one season with Toronto FC II in their first year of play.
The playmaker has made five appearances for the Canadian Men's National Team since his debut for the senior team in June 2017.
LouCity now has 19 players under contract ahead of the 2018 season. For more, visit LouisvilleCityFC.com .
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League message board...
United Soccer League Stories from February 5, 2018
- Republic FC Hosts "Meet the Newbies" Event for New Players and Fans - Sacramento Republic FC
- Louisville City FC Finalizes Transfer of Mark-Anthony Kaye - Louisville City FC
- Additional Soccer Matches Added to Capelli Sport Stadium 2018 Schedule - Rochester Rhinos
- FC Cincinnati Acquires Blake Smith - FC Cincinnati
- Energy FC Training Camp Opens February 5 - OKC Energy FC
- Roughnecks Acquire Veteran Midfielder Ivan Mirkovic - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- FCC Adds Third Game at IMG against Chicago Fire Reserves - FC Cincinnati
- Preseason: Week 1 Preview - Pittsburgh Riverhounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.