Additional Soccer Matches Added to Capelli Sport Stadium 2018 Schedule
(Rochester NY) - The Rochester Lancers and Lady Lancers will play their 2018 home matches at Capelli Sport Stadium, bringing more soccer to the downtown Rochester this season. The Lancers partcipate in the National Premier Soccer League (NPSL) and the Lady Lancers partcipate in the United Women's Soccer (UWS). The Lancers and Lady Lancers home matches will be announced soon.
The Lancers matches will be played in addition to four previously announced United Soccer League regular season matches featuring Toronto FC II. The dates featuring Toronto FC II will be on Saturday May 5^th vs Pittsburgh Riverhounds, Saturday June 16 vs Indy Eleven, Saturday July 28 vs Nashville SC and Thursday August 16 vs Bethlehem Steel FC.
Rochester Rhinos team owner and Capelli Sports Stadium operator David Dworkin states, "Soccer is an important part of the Rochester Community and we are excited to host the Lancers and Lady Lancers at Capelli Sport Stadium in 2018."
"We're excited to have signed an agreement with Capelli Sport Stadium to play all of our home games at the stadium for the 2018 season!" Said Ashley Maria King, VP of Operations for the Rochester Lancers.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League message board...
United Soccer League Stories from February 5, 2018
- Republic FC Hosts "Meet the Newbies" Event for New Players and Fans - Sacramento Republic FC
- Louisville City FC Finalizes Transfer of Mark-Anthony Kaye - Louisville City FC
- Additional Soccer Matches Added to Capelli Sport Stadium 2018 Schedule - Rochester Rhinos
- FC Cincinnati Acquires Blake Smith - FC Cincinnati
- Energy FC Training Camp Opens February 5 - OKC Energy FC
- Roughnecks Acquire Veteran Midfielder Ivan Mirkovic - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- FCC Adds Third Game at IMG against Chicago Fire Reserves - FC Cincinnati
- Preseason: Week 1 Preview - Pittsburgh Riverhounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.