Louisville City FC Breaks 5,000 Season Tickets on Day 1 of Public Sale
LOUISVILLE, KY - Louisville City FC is preparing to move into Lynn Family Stadium for the 2020 season, and fans are responding in a big way. On Monday, the club crossed the 5,000 season ticket mark on the same day tickets became available to the general public for the first time.
"The response has been tremendous," Louisville City FC President Brad Estes said. "Our longtime Season Ticket Members have had access for more than a month and many of them have already selected their seats. And now that the public has access, we have already sold more than half our allotted season tickets for 2020."
The stadium, which will have permanent seating for 11,700 and capacity near 14,000, will be Louisville City's new home starting next season. Built in the Butchertown neighborhood, just East of downtown, the stadium is a showpiece for the city of Louisville, nestled right next to two major interstates, I-64 and I-71. Built specifically for soccer, seating in the new stadium will be tailored to the fans.
"It is truly a cathedral for soccer," Louisville City coach John Hackworth said. "The ability for our fans to be right next to the action will be a new experience."
Season Ticket Members began logging on to LouCity.com to select their seats in late July. The process began with Season Ticket Member No. 1 (J.C. Cissell) and the club made tickets available to each Season Ticket Member account every five minutes throughout the end of July and throughout early August.
"We wanted to reward our longtime Season Ticket Members by giving them first pick in our new stadium as a thank you for their support," said Director of Ticket Sales Dave Walkovic. "The process was remarkably smooth as Season Ticket Members reserved thousands of seats."
Through the first several weeks of ticket availability for Season Ticket Members, eight sections sold out completely. On Monday morning, three more sections sold out.
Tickets range in price from as little as $16 per game in the Butchertown and Waterfront Supporter Zones to $65 per game for Center Circle Premium Seats. Lynn Family Stadium will be equipped with 18 luxury suites and more than 1,000 club seats for a premium experience as well as safe-standing Supporter Zone sections for the most ardent supporters.
Louisville City FC won the USL Cup in both 2017 and 2018, becoming the first club in modern USL Championship history to do so. Founded in 2015, Louisville City quickly became one of the leading clubs in the USL modern era, winning four trophies in the span of its first five seasons.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 9, 2019
- New Tulsa Roughnecks Ownership out to Find New Faces - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- Match Preview vs. Phoenix Rising - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Reno 1868 FC to Take on Tacoma in Tuesday Action - Reno 1868 FC
- Nashville SC to Host IMPACT Event with Preston Taylor Ministries - Nashville SC
- Orange County Not Dampered by Rain, Win Again on the Road - Orange County SC
- Louisville City FC Breaks 5,000 Season Tickets on Day 1 of Public Sale - Louisville City FC
- Rowdies Go Gold for Childhood Cancer Awareness - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Nashville SC Offense Goes Cold in Loss at Saint Louis FC - Nashville SC
- Championship Weekend Recap - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Three Things: Charlotte 1 - 3 Rowdies - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Season Tickets for Next Season Now Available - Louisville City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.