Loudoun United FC Sign Tyler Gabarra and Timothy Mehl
Loudoun United FC have signed midfielder Tyler Gabarra and defender Timothy Mehl for the remainder of the 2020 USL Championship season.
Gabarra, an Arnold Md. native, played four seasons at North Carolina State University from 2016-2019, where he made 60 appearances for the Wolfpack and finished his collegiate career with three goals and eight assists. In 2019, the midfielder led NC State with six assists and scored the game-winning goal in a 2-1 victory over the University of Louisville on September 27.
Mehl joins Loudoun United FC after spending the 2019 season with USL League One side, Chattanooga Red Wolves SC. The Manhattan Beach, Ca. native made three appearances (three starts) for the Red Wolves recording 12 interceptions, 10 clearances and four blocks. Prior to joining Chattanooga, Mehl played four collegiate seasons for Indiana University from 2015-2018 where he made 72 appearances (59 starts), while scoring six goals and recording four assists. The defender was named Second Team All-Big Ten twice and helped Indiana record the most clean sheets in the NCAA Division I as a senior in 2018.
Player: Tyler Gabarra
Hometown: Arnold, Md.
Birthdate: July 28, 1997
Player: Timothy Mehl
Hometown: Manhattan Beach, Ca.
Birthdate: August 31, 1995
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from June 30, 2020
- Hounds to Open 2020 Season on ESPN2 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- LouCity's Lynn Family Stadium to Officially Open on ESPN2, Deportes - USL
- Louisville City FC to Open Lynn Family Stadium in July 12 Return - Louisville City FC
- Hartford Athletic Teams up with Catapult Sports - Hartford Athletic
- Loudoun United FC Sign Tyler Gabarra and Timothy Mehl - Loudoun United FC
- Republic FC Sign Rafael Jauregui to USL Academy Contract - Sacramento Republic FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.