Los Angeles Lakers Recall Zubac from D-Fenders
EL SEGUNDO - The Los Angeles Lakers have recalled center Ivica Zubac from the D-Fenders, it was announced today.
In Saturday's win against the Canton Charge, Zubac totaled 20 points, 10 rebounds, one assist and one block in 32 minutes, notching his fifth double-double in the D-League this season. Overall, the rookie has averaged 15.6 points, 9.6 rebounds, 1.3 assists and 1.0 block while shooting 57.8 percent from the field.
With his most recent D-League appearance, Zubac became the 10th player in history to compete in an NBA and NBA D-League game in the same calendar day, joining a group that includes former Lakers Jordan Farmar and Coby Karl.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 15, 2017
- D-Fenders Acquire Player Rights to Juwan Staten - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Cavs Recall Kay Felder from Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- Los Angeles Lakers Recall Zubac from D-Fenders - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Texas' Pierre Jackson Signs with Dallas Mavericks - Texas Legends
- Blue Leads D-Fenders Charge in Overtime Win against Canton - Los Angeles D-Fenders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles D-Fenders Stories
- MVP Vander Blue Leads 2016-17 All-NBA Development League First Team
- Vander Blue Named NBA Development League MVP
- D-Fenders Comeback Falls Short in Year-Ending Loss to Vipers
- Los Angeles Lakers Recall Nwaba from D-Fenders
- D-Fenders Dodge Vipers Comeback, Stay Alive in Title Hunt