D-Fenders Acquire Player Rights to Juwan Staten
EL SEGUNDO - The Los Angeles D-Fenders have acquired the returning player rights to Juwan Staten from the Delaware 87ers in exchange for forward Roscoe Smith, it was announced today by General Manager Nick Mazzella. The deal is pending the successful completion of physicals.
Staten currently plays for the Salon Vilpas Vikings in Finland, where he is averaging 12.6 points, 2.7 rebounds and 3.5 assists through 19 games. A 6-foot-1 point guard, Staten has career averages of 7.8 points, 3.9 assists and 2.1 rebounds in 28 NBA D-League games with the Santa Cruz Warriors and Delaware 87ers. The former Dayton and West Virginia standout has also played internationally in Belgium.
Smith averaged 16.0 points and 9.1 rebounds in 67 career games with the D-Fenders. He leaves Los Angeles as the franchise's second-leading rebounder, totaling 609 in two seasons.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 15, 2017
- D-Fenders Acquire Player Rights to Juwan Staten - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Cavs Recall Kay Felder from Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- Los Angeles Lakers Recall Zubac from D-Fenders - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Texas' Pierre Jackson Signs with Dallas Mavericks - Texas Legends
- Blue Leads D-Fenders Charge in Overtime Win against Canton - Los Angeles D-Fenders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.