Lookouts Shutout the Shuckers in Front of Sold out Crowd
The Chattanooga Lookouts shut out the Biloxi Shuckers in front of a sold-out School Day crowd at AT&T Field.
Starting pitcher Joe Boyle walked nine batters, but only allowed three hits in five shutout innings. Chattanooga provided run support for Boyle in the third inning. Nick Northcut singled to left field and scored on a Noelvi Marte double. An inning later Rece Hinds tripled and scored on a Nick Quintana sacrifice fly.
After Boyle left the game in the sixth the bullpen took over and continued to stymie the Shuckers. Spencer Stockton only allowed one hit in two shutout innings and Donovan Benoit had 1.1 shutout innings in his team debut. Andy Fisher came on with two men on in the top of the ninth and got out of the jam to earn his first save of the year.
Tomorrow is a 7:15 p.m. Thirsty Thursday at AT&T Field. Tickets can be purchased on Lookouts.com.
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from May 17, 2023
- Trash Pandas Drop Close One to Barons 3-2 - Rocket City Trash Pandas
- Lookouts Shutout the Shuckers in Front of Sold out Crowd - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Seminaris Ties Career-High with Seven Innings, Shuckers Fall to Lookouts, 2-0 - Biloxi Shuckers
- M-Braves Best Biscuits 7-6 in Back-and-Forth Series Opener - Mississippi Braves
- Trash Pandas Power Past Barons in 8-6 Win - Rocket City Trash Pandas
- M-Braves Outlast Biscuits, 7-6 - Montgomery Biscuits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chattanooga Lookouts Stories
- Lookouts Announce Initial 2024 Promotions
- 2024 Membership Open for the Little Debbie Little Lookouts Kids Club
- New Stadium Deal Ensures Lookouts Future in Chattanooga
- Kentucky State & Albany State to Play in the Chattanooga HBCU Classic at AT&T Field
- Lookouts Set Date for 2024 Job Fair