Lonerider Brewery to Create a RailHawks-Branded Craft Beer
Cary, NC (February 8, 2015) - The Carolina RailHawks and Lonerider Brewery have agreed to create a RailHawks-branded craft beer. Starting today, fans and beer enthusiasts can enter their suggestions to name the new beer that will celebrate the spirit of soccer in North Carolina. The new RailHawks-branded beer will be available at all RailHawks 2015 home games, as well as selected retail outlets.
"We are extremely excited to develop a co-branded craft beer with our corporate partner, Lonerider Brewery," said RailHawks Senior Vice President, Pete Sciandra. "Both Lonerider and the RailHawks have experienced explosive growth over the past few years, and the joining of our strong brands to market a new craft beer is a natural combination that will resonate with our passionate and loyal fan base."
Lonerider Brewing Company has been brewing ales in its Raleigh headquarters for more than six years. Its current beer brands include Shotgun Betty, 2010 Great American Beer Festival gold medal winning, Sweet Josie, Peacemaker and 2011 Great American Beer Festival award winning, DeadEye Jack.
"I am glad that the RailHawks chose us as a partner to create a brew that would reflect the soccer culture in North Carolina," said Lonerider Brewing Company CEO, Sumit Vohra. "We are going to craft a kicking brew that will reflect the passion of RailHawks fans, both current and new."
To participate, candidates must submit their suggestions via the link below no later than February 20th. The winner of the contest will receive one case of Lonerider beer each month for one year.
RailHawks 2015 Individual Game Tickets and Ticket Packages are currently on sale and can be purchased by calling the Johnson Maserati Box Office at (919) 459-8144 or by clicking here. Individual game tickets start as low as $11. For more information on Season Tickets and Flex Plans visit www.carolinarailhawks.com. Keep up with all RailHawks news by following them on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the North American Soccer League message board...
North American Soccer League Stories from February 8, 2015
- Lonerider Brewery to Create a RailHawks-Branded Craft Beer - North Carolina FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent North Carolina FC Stories
- Ben Speas to Retire After a Nine-Year Professional Soccer Career
- North Carolina Football Club Partners with Reed and Feed and NCFC Youth for Food Drive
- North Carolina Football Club to Hold Virtual Ticket 'Pitch-In' Campaign for Bucy Foundation Mini-Pitch Project
- Dahlkemper, Dunn, and Williams Named to 27-Player Roster for First U.S. Women's National Team Training Camp in Seven Months
- North Carolina FC's Youth to Pro Pipeline Comes to Light as Dre Fortune Highlights 2020 NCFC Team Awards as Most Valuable Player