Leo Inacio Named to the USL-1 Team of the Week
Leo Inacio Nunes was named to the USL-1 team of the week after his masterful performance against the Austin Aztex on Saturday night. Nunes made a brilliant run towards the fringe of the penalty area and fired a precise shot that curbed towards the bottom left corner of the goal. This goal tied the match at one and propelled the Blues to get their third win at FIU Stadium.
"Having a player with the experience and pedigree of Leo Inacio is important to the team. He brings another dimension to the mid field and leadership on the pitch. Said Director of Soccer, Fernando Clavijo, "Everyone in the organization is very proud of him."
Leo Inacio ins tied for the team lead with five goals.
Miami will now travel to Blackbaud Stadium to face the fourth place Charleston Battery. This game will be broadcasted on FOX Soccer Channel as the USL Game of the Week. Kickoff is set for 8 p.m.
Miami will return home on September 19th to face the Puerto Rico Islanders at Lockhart Stadium in what will be the last home game of the season. The match will include a Powerade Pre-Game Parade, and the Miami FC Challenge; for every 500 fans that attend the game, one Miami FC player will shave his head. Kickoff is set for 8 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the USL First Division message board...
USL First Division Stories from September 9, 2009
- Late Goal Drops Whitecaps - Vancouver Whitecaps
- Byers' Late Goal Lifts Impact - Montreal Impact
- Timbers' Keel Earns Team Of The Week Honors - Portland Timbers
- City Stars Support NuRock Ownership Group During League Transition - Cleveland City Stars
- Week 22 USL-1 honors announced - USL-1
- Tickets For The Playoffs On Sale Friday - Montreal Impact
- Leo Inacio Named to the USL-1 Team of the Week - Fort Lauderdale Strikers
- Dusty Hudock to undergo season-ending surgery - Charleston Battery
- Battery squares off with Blues - Charleston Battery
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.