Dusty Hudock to undergo season-ending surgery
Charleston, SC. Charleston Battery goalkeeper Dusty Hudock will undergo surgery to have his left anterior cruciate ligament repaired, the operation rules out any possibility of Hudock playing again for the Battery in 2009. Hudock has enjoyed a stellar season; he leads the USL First Division in GAA (0.279), shut-outs (12) and goals against (5). Hudock's last match was the Battery's 2-1 win versus the Vancouver Whitecaps on August 7.
"Obviously this is a blow however when you have injuries the rest of the team need to step up their performances and make sure that we continue to have success," said Charleston Battery head coach, Mike Anhaeuser. "Dusty was having a career season and we wish him a successfully surgery and full recovery; he would be my choice for the USL1 goalkeeper of the year."
Dusty Hudock is the all-time leading goalkeeper for the Charleston Battery with 142 wins and a GAA of 1.04. His Battery records include 104 shutouts and 280 games started. Hudock's individual honors include: Charleston Battery MVP (2002, 2003, 2004), Charleston Battery Defender of the Year (2001, 2002, 2006 & 2007), and USL First Division Goalkeeper of the Year (1997, 2002)
Hudock joined the Charleston Battery in 1999 and has played in Charleston ever since aside from a one-year hiatus spent with the Rochester Rhinos (2004).
Hudock was a member of the Battery's 2003 Championship winning team and was a two-time All American at the University of Washington in 1992 and 1993 and led the nation in GAA in 1992.
• Discuss this story on the USL First Division message board...
USL First Division Stories from September 9, 2009
- Late Goal Drops Whitecaps - Vancouver Whitecaps
- Byers' Late Goal Lifts Impact - Montreal Impact
- Timbers' Keel Earns Team Of The Week Honors - Portland Timbers
- City Stars Support NuRock Ownership Group During League Transition - Cleveland City Stars
- Week 22 USL-1 honors announced - USL-1
- Tickets For The Playoffs On Sale Friday - Montreal Impact
- Leo Inacio Named to the USL-1 Team of the Week - Fort Lauderdale Strikers
- Dusty Hudock to undergo season-ending surgery - Charleston Battery
- Battery squares off with Blues - Charleston Battery
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.