Legends Issue Statement on Election Holidays
FRISCO, TX - The Texas Legends have announced their offices will be officially closed on Nov. 3rd and all future local and national election days. The following is a statement from team President and General Manager, Malcolm Farmer:
"This Nov. 3 - and on future election days on both the local and national level - the Texas Legends offices will be closed. We all have a civic duty on election days beyond the tasks we perform daily - a duty that is a responsibility to ourselves, our friends, our community, and our country. A duty that is greater than our jobs. Furthermore, we will make every effort not to play home games on election days moving forward and will be launching a campaign to encourage both voter registration and voter education for all communities."
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from June 9, 2020
- Five-Time NBA Champion Brian Shaw Named Head Coach of New NBA G League Team - NBA G League Ignite
- Skyforce Releases Statements Regarding G League Cancellation - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Legends Issue Statement on Election Holidays - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Legends Stories
- PRJKT VET Logo to Go on Legends' Court
- Legends Build "ConNEXTions" Youth Mentorship Program
- Texas Pro Sports Teams and Civic Organizations Unite with #TexasTeamUp Campaign to Encourage Voter Turnout in the Lone Star State
- Legends' Home Comerica Center to Serve as Polling Site for 2020 General Election
- Legends Host Voter Registration Event Sep. 22nd