Legends Acquire JJ Avila, Andre Dawkins in Trade with Windy City
FRISCO, TX --The Texas Legends announced today that they have acquired forward JJ Avila and guard Andre Dawkins in a trade with the Windy City Bulls. In turn, Texas sends the returning player rights to Joe Alexander and Xavier Thames.
Avila (6-8, 250, Colorado State) has played in 21 games (16 starts) for the Bulls averaging 10.6 points, 5.9 rebounds, 2.0 assists, and 1.1 steals. The Texas native played two years at Navy prior to finishing his college career at Colorado State. In 63 games with the Rams he averaged 16.6 points, 7.4 rebounds, 3.1 assists, and 1.5 steals and earned All-Conference honors both years. Last season, he played 28 games in Belgium averaging 10.3 points, 5.9 rebounds, 3.2 assists, and 1.7 steals in 27.2 minutes.
Dawkins (6-4, 206, Duke) played five games with Texas earlier this season before being traded to Windy City where he averaged 9.9 points, 1.6 rebounds in 14 games. The Virginia native played four seasons with the Blue Devils, winning a national championship as a freshman and averaging 7.1 points, 1.6 rebounds in 142 career games. Dawkins played 30 games for the Sioux Falls Skyforce as a rookie averaging 19.3 points, 2.5 rebounds, and 2.8 assists and earning a GATORADE NBA Call-Up to the Miami Heat.
Both players are expected to join the team tomorrow and be available when the Legends host the Los Angeles D-Fenders this Wednesday at 7pm CT. For tickets or information visit www.TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 28, 2017
- Skyforce Fall 138-119 to Blue in Shootout - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Westchester Knicks Roll Through Grand Rapids Drive in Front of Record - Westchester Knicks
- Knicks Defeat Drive, 117-108 - Grand Rapids Drive
- Memphis Grizzlies Recall Wade Baldwin Iv From Iowa Energy - Iowa Wolves
- Warriors to Launch Fifth Annual Read to Achieve Campaign Presented By Kaiser Permanente - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Chicago Bulls Assign Denzel Valentine to Windy City - Windy City Bulls
- Energy to Host Suns on Memphis Night - Iowa Wolves
- Legends Acquire JJ Avila, Andre Dawkins in Trade with Windy City - Texas Legends
- Mavericks Recall Nicolas Brussino from the Texas Legends - Texas Legends
- Bighorns Drop Wire-To-Wire Thriller - Reno Bighorns
- Legends Honor Military in Front of Sold-Out Home Crowd - Texas Legends
- Warriors Hot-Shooting Fuels Dominant Win over Salt Lake City - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.