Late-Rally for Tri-City Downs Tigers
Norwich, CT - Jose King went 1-for-3 with an RBI, but the Connecticut Tigers (26-29) fell by a final score of 5-1 against the Tri-City ValleyCats (23-32). The ValleyCats put up five unanswered runs in the final two frames.
The Tigers got on the board first in the contest with an RBI single from King to score Jake Holton and make it 1-0. Holton finished 1-for-3 with a run scored and a walk.
Xavier Javier and Kory Behenna pitched a combined five scoreless innings to start the contest. Javier went four innings with three hits, five walks and two strikeouts. Behenna surrendered one hit with no walks and no strikeouts in his scoreless frame.
After loading the bases in the eighth inning against Cristhian Tortosa (Loss, 1-3), the ValleyCats got a three-RBI triple from Joe Perez to make it 3-1. Luis Guerrero added another run in the frame with a RBI single to make it 4-1.
Luis Santana blasted a solo home run in the ninth to make it 5-1. Santana finished 3-for-4 with a run scored and an RBI for Tri-City in the contest. Meanwhile, Valente Bellozo (Win, 6-0) went four scoreless innings with no runs on one hit and eight strikeouts to end the contest for the ValleyCats.
The Connecticut Tigers will be back in action tomorrow against the Tri-City ValleyCats. You can catch all the action on the Norwich Courtyard by Marriott Connecticut Tigers Radio Network on 1310 WICH. Elijah Gonzalez will have the call. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
The Connecticut Tigers are the New York-Penn League affiliate of the Detroit Tigers at Dodd Stadium in Norwich, Connecticut. 2019 individual game tickets, season memberships for "The Club", mini plans, and team merchandise are on sale now! The front office and box office are open daily from 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday and can be accessed in person, online at www.cttigers.com, or by calling (860) 887-7962.
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from August 11, 2019
- Rolling Merrily Along - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Spinners Swept in Doubleheader Sunday Night - Lowell Spinners
- Comeback Clones Top Yankees, 7-4 - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Perez, Bellozo Lead 'Cats to 5-1 Victory over Tigers - Tri-City ValleyCats
- Aberdeen Opens Series With 11-0 Win Over Vermont - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Black Bears Stumble in Game One - West Virginia Black Bears
- Long Ball Sinks Spikes in 10-3 Loss to Crosscutters - State College Spikes
- Stott and Simmons Mash Long Balls in Blowout Win - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Late-Rally for Tri-City Downs Tigers - Norwich Sea Unicorns
- Two CT Tigers Promoted to West Michigan - Norwich Sea Unicorns
- Doubledays Swept by Scrappers - Auburn Doubledays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Norwich Sea Unicorns Stories
- Norwich Sea Unicorns and Minor League Baseball Statements Regarding 2020 Minor League Baseball Season
- Sea Unicorns to Celebrate Pi Day March 13th & 14th
- 2020 CT Military All-Star Nominations Now Open
- Congressman Joe Courtney and Norwich Mayor Peter Nystrom to Hold Press Conference at Dodd Stadium Monday, February 3rd
- Norwich Sea Unicorns Announce 2020 Coaching Staff