Lancers F Ryan Tait Commits to Providence
Ralston, Neb. - The Omaha Lancers of the United States Hockey League (USHL) are pleased to announce that Ryan Tait has committed to Providence College. The first-year forward from Santa Clarita, California will join the Friars in the Fall of 2014.
A 5'9", 165-pound forward, Tait has registered four assists in 28 games this season. He has posted a minus-8 plus/minus rating to go along with 37 shots on goal and is the only Lancers forward yet to commit a penalty this season.
Originally tendered by Omaha last April, Tait spent last season at Shattuck-St. Mary's Prep School where he led the Under-16 team in scoring with 63 points after notching 26 goals and 37 assists.
Omaha (18-16, 36 pts.) returns to action tonight as the Lancers welcome the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders to Ralston Arena for the final time this season. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:05 PM. Tickets for this evening's game and all Lancers home games are currently on sale and can be purchased online at www.homepridetix.com . For more information, visit www.lancers.com .
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from January 16, 2013
- Ice Players on NHL Watch List - Indiana Ice
- Jerseys for a Cause Total Hits $8,009 - Tri-City Storm
- Phantoms' Cangelosi to Suit up for Team East at USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game - Youngstown Phantoms
- Lancers F Ryan Tait Commits to Providence - Omaha Lancers
- Teams Set for USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game - USHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.