Lancaster blanks Stockton, 11-0, in finale to avoid sweep
STOCKTON, Calif. - The JetHawks jumped on the Stockton Ports early with nine runs in the first inning, and starter Ryan Rolison threw six-scoreless frames in an 11-0 win on Friday night at Banner Island Ballpark.
Rolison (3-6) earned his first win since May 9, which also came against Stockton, and snapped a stretch of six-straight losses since his last win. He allowed only two hits and struck out six while issuing two walks.
Rolison took the mound in the bottom of the first with a nine-run lead after the JetHawks (16-13, 50-47) sent 14 batters to the plate in the top of the first. They scored nine runs, matching their most runs in a single-season this inning, on hits in the frame.
All of the runs were charged to Brady Feigl (5-5) who was removed from the game with two outs in the first. He ended up allowing the nine runs (five earned) on eight hits with one walk.
Austin Bernard added to Lancaster's lead in the fourth inning with a two-run homer.
Robert Tyler threw two-scoreless innings out of the bullpen and Hayden Roberts pitched the ninth to wrap up the JetHawks third shutout win of the season.
The JetHawks head to San Jose to begin a three-game series at Excite Ballpark on Saturday evening. Nate Harris is scheduled to start the series-opener against Giants right-hander Casey Meisner. First pitch is 6 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the California League message board...
California League Stories from July 20, 2019
- Nuts Tie It Late But Fall in Extras - Modesto Nuts
- Big Sixth for Giants Sinks JetHawks - Lancaster JetHawks
- JetHawks Soar Past Ports 11-0 - Stockton Ports
- Giants Drop Quakes in Extras on Friday - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Lancaster blanks Stockton, 11-0, in finale to avoid sweep - Lancaster JetHawks
- Storm Shutout Nuts 4-0 - Modesto Nuts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.