Lakers Slip Past Charge
CANTON - The Canton Charge (7-10), powered by the Cleveland Cavaliers, were defeated by the South Bay Lakers (13-6), 114-109, at the Memorial Civic Center on Friday night.
Canton's Marcus Thornton hit 7-of-11 three pointers and 12-of-20 overall from the field en route to a game-high 31 points in 39 minutes. Ante Zizic posted a double-double of 23 points on 10-of-17 shooting with 13 rebounds in 28 minutes on assignment from Cleveland. JaCorey Williams scored 16 points and grabbed seven boards with two blocks in 35 minutes for the Charge. London Perrantes had an all-around effort of 10 points, eight rebounds and 13 assists in 40 minutes.
The Lakers were led by Vander Blue's double-double of 20 points and 14 assists with five rebounds in 43 minutes. Ivica Zubac netted a team-high 28 points on 13-of-20 from the field with nine rebounds and two blocks in 33 minutes. Scott Machado added 10 points, seven assists and two steals in 31 minutes. Travis Wear scored 16 points and grabbed nine boards in 30 minutes for South Bay.
The Canton Charge are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena organization and are also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Chairman and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Gladiators of the Arena Football League and the Cleveland Monsters of the American Hockey League, both of which play their games at Quicken Loans Arena in downtown Cleveland.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 8, 2018
- Charge Ousted by Knicks - Canton Charge
- Big First Half Gives Vipers the Win - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Sioux Falls Out-Hustled by Memphis, 131-115 - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Legends Hold off Last Second Efforts of Skyforce - Texas Legends
- Skyforce Drop Third Straight at Home - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Charge Pin Nets for the Win - Canton Charge
- Wisconsin Herd Dash Through Westchester Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Lakers Slip Past Charge - Canton Charge
- Morris, Nnoko Excel in Drive's Win over Maine - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Fall in Grand Rapids - Maine Red Claws
- Greg Heineman Named First-Year Nominee for 2018 Naismith Hall of Fame - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Legends' Hot Shooting Not Enough to Strike Vipers - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.