Sioux Falls Out-Hustled by Memphis, 131-115
SIOUX FALLS, SD - The Sioux Falls Skyforce (8-12) dropped their fourth straight home game to the Memphis Hustle (8-12), losing 131-115 in what was a wire-to-wire victory for the visiting team.
Memphis came out firing in the first half, shooting at a 67.3 percent clip on their way to building a 24-point halftime lead. Durand Scott (25 points, five rebounds and five assists) started the game with back-to-back buckets for the Hustle, and continued to lead the way in scoring for the remainder of the night.
Chance Comanche (20 points and six rebounds) also exceeded the 20-point barrier on a night that saw eight-of-nine active Hustle players score in double figures. Jordon Crawford tallied nine points, six rebounds and six assists in the all-around victory.
Rodney Pryor served as one of the lone bright spots for the Skyforce, scoring a game and career-high 28 points on 11-of-15 shooting (4-6 3FG) in the loss. Tony Mitchell (24 points) and Ike Nwamu (22 points) also scored 20-or-more points while Larry Drew II (14 points and 11 assists) tallied the only double-double for the home team.
Points in the paint were the story of the game, as Memphis was seemingly able to get to the rim whenever they wanted. The Hustle outscored the Skyforce 86-40 inside the paint, and shot 56.3 percent from the field in the game. Sioux Falls is now 0-5 on the season when allowing opponents to shoot 50 percent or better, and just 2-11 when being outscored in the paint.
Dusty Hannahs (17 points), Trahson Burrell (14 points, 11 rebounds), Omari Johnson (13 points), Austin Nichols (11 points), Shaquille Thomas (11 points), and Marquis Teague (11 points) rounded out the scoring for the Hustle.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 8, 2018
- Charge Ousted by Knicks - Canton Charge
- Big First Half Gives Vipers the Win - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Sioux Falls Out-Hustled by Memphis, 131-115 - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Legends Hold off Last Second Efforts of Skyforce - Texas Legends
- Skyforce Drop Third Straight at Home - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Charge Pin Nets for the Win - Canton Charge
- Wisconsin Herd Dash Through Westchester Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Lakers Slip Past Charge - Canton Charge
- Morris, Nnoko Excel in Drive's Win over Maine - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Fall in Grand Rapids - Maine Red Claws
- Greg Heineman Named First-Year Nominee for 2018 Naismith Hall of Fame - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Legends' Hot Shooting Not Enough to Strike Vipers - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux Falls Skyforce Stories
- Cooke, Terry Added to USA Men's World Cup Qualifying Team Training Camp Roster
- Maten, Robinson Named to Mid-Season All-NBA G League Western Conference Team
- Reynolds, Kings Cruise Past Skyforce
- Terry, Skyforce Top Short-Handed Clippers
- Skyforce Acquires Duke Mondy