Charge Pin Nets for the Win
NEW YORK - The Canton Charge (8-10), powered by the Cleveland Cavaliers, displayed a feat of strength in coming back from down 14 in the second half to defeat the Long Island Nets (13-6) at NYCB Live on Saturday night.
Canton's Marcus Thornton scored 31 points for the second time in as many nights, adding five assists and four rebounds in 39 minutes. Kevin Olekaibe was a spark off the bench, scoring 18 points on 7-of-12 shooting with seven boards and two steals in 31 minutes. JaCorey Williams posted a double-double of 18 points and 14 rebounds in 38 minutes, while Gerald Beverly added a double-double of his own by scoring 10 points and grabbing 11 boards with two steals and two blocks in 34 minutes.
Long Island was led by their reserves outscoring the Charge bench 56-32, with Brooklyn assignment Isaiah Whitehead's 22 points in 25 minutes of relief. Tahjere McCall added 18 points, seven rebounds and two steals in 34 minutes. J.J. Moore scored 14 points in 14 minutes for the Nets.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 8, 2018
- Charge Ousted by Knicks - Canton Charge
- Big First Half Gives Vipers the Win - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Sioux Falls Out-Hustled by Memphis, 131-115 - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Legends Hold off Last Second Efforts of Skyforce - Texas Legends
- Skyforce Drop Third Straight at Home - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Charge Pin Nets for the Win - Canton Charge
- Wisconsin Herd Dash Through Westchester Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Lakers Slip Past Charge - Canton Charge
- Morris, Nnoko Excel in Drive's Win over Maine - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Fall in Grand Rapids - Maine Red Claws
- Greg Heineman Named First-Year Nominee for 2018 Naismith Hall of Fame - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Legends' Hot Shooting Not Enough to Strike Vipers - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.