Lakers Assign Farmar To D-Fenders
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. - The Los Angeles D-Fenders of the NBA Development League have been assigned guard Jordan Farmar from their NBA affiliate, the Los Angeles Lakers.
Farmar, 6-2, 180, has played in 62 games this season for the Lakers and has averaged 4.8 points, 1.7 rebounds, and 2.0 assists per game. He was selected by the Lakers with the 26th pick in the first round of the 2006 NBA Draft.
"This is just what the Lakers had in mind for the D-Fenders. It's a chance to give the young guys some extra playing time and we are happy to be a part of that," said D-Fenders Head Coach Dan Panaggio. "We hope Jordan will bring some leadership and added defensive punch to the D-Fenders line up."
Farmar will wear jersey #2 while the D-Fenders host the Anaheim Arsenal on Sunday, April 1 at STAPLES Center, before the Lakers game with a 2:30pm tip-off.
Tomorrow afternoon's game will be part of NBA Nights presented by adidas. Both teams will be wearing special jerseys of their NBA affiliate teams. The D-Fenders will be in Los Angeles Lakers jerseys and the Arsenal will be in Los Angeles Clippers jerseys.
Having a Lakers ticket for a STAPLES Center home game is also your ticket to a lower level seat for the
D-Fenders. Lakers season ticket holders who attend a D-Fenders home game will receive a special gift, while supplies last, by visiting the Season Ticket Holder Booth on the main concourse at the Figueroa Street Entrance.
On July 31, 2006 the Los Angeles Lakers announced that they had become the first NBA franchise in history to own an NBA Development League team. The Los Angeles D-Fenders play their home games at STAPLES Center pre and post Lakers home games. The Lakers devoted fans were given the opportunity to name the NBA D-League team in an online naming contest.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 31, 2007
- Skyforce wins regular season home finale - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Tulsa puts up a fight in loss to Fort Worth - Tulsa 66ers
- Toros comeback falls short - Austin Spurs
- Lakers Assign Farmar To D-Fenders - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- D-League daily developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles D-Fenders Stories
- MVP Vander Blue Leads 2016-17 All-NBA Development League First Team
- Vander Blue Named NBA Development League MVP
- D-Fenders Comeback Falls Short in Year-Ending Loss to Vipers
- Los Angeles Lakers Recall Nwaba from D-Fenders
- D-Fenders Dodge Vipers Comeback, Stay Alive in Title Hunt