La Crosse Center Board Approves Spartans Lease
In a meeting this afternoon, the La Crosse Center board voted to approve a one year lease for the La Crosse Spartans. Details of the lease are not being released at this time. With the approval from the board, the Spartans have been formally accepted into the Indoor Football League.
A press conference is scheduled for Friday, October 2nd at 11:00 am at the Brookstone Inn (1830 Rose Street) with members of the La Crosse Center board and team officials. La Crosse Mayor Mathias Harter is expected to attend. Members of the media, Spartan fans, and local business owners are invited to attend the press conference. "Today is a day to celebrate for football fans in the area. La Crosse's team now has a place to call home. ," said Chris Kokalis, Spartans co-owner and general manager. "We want to thank the La Crosse Center board for their approval today. They have been wonderful to work with throughout this process."
The Spartans will begin their 2010 season at the La Crosse Center in March. The team's schedule is expected to be released sometime in November.
Season Ticket Reservations Continue
Fans continue to have the opportunity to reserve Spartans season tickets through the team's website, www.lacrossespartans.com, or by calling the Spartans office at (608) 567-4299.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from November 3, 2009
- Eight Players Signed To Roster - Richmond Revolution
- Ruff Riders Acquire Four Prospects For 2010 Season - Abilene Ruff Riders
- Spartans Announce First Player Signings in Franchise History - La Crosse Spartans
- Spartans and Brown Invade Vikings Territory to Search for Talent - La Crosse Spartans
- Spartans Announce St. Louis Tryouts - La Crosse Spartans
- La Crosse Center Board Approves Spartans Lease - La Crosse Spartans
- Spartans Conditionally Approved By IFL - La Crosse Spartans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.