Kyle Guy Isn't Living the High Life Just Yet
The Two-Way out of Virginia details his life after being drafted to Sacramento.
The struggle is still very real for the rookie two-way player, Kyle Guy.
"There's definitely a stereotype that when you get drafted you just have a bunch of money in your bank account - which is not the case," Guy said to ONE37PM.
Because the rook doesn't get paid until November, he has to get a little creative in how he earns funds in the meantime.
Guy is pretty active on side-hustles, but his most steady has to be Cameo.
Cameo is a platform where fans can book personalized video shoutouts from their favorite celebrities, athletes, or influencers.
While it is tough, Guy just sees it as working two jobs.
"Sometimes I won't have a Cameo every single day. But I think being able to go to this place where it's like, 'Alright, I got to get this done no matter what or I'm not eating tonight.' There's been some nights where I'm not eating dinner."
Once he gets steady, he's on the right track on what to do with his income.
"I have a financial advisor. I have a tax person. I have a team put together to help me with this stuff."
According to No. 55, he's playing it smart, and trying to make generational wealth.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from September 10, 2019
- Kyle Guy Isn't Living the High Life Just Yet - Stockton Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Kings Stories
- Kyle Guy Isn't Living the High Life Just Yet
- Stockton Kings Acquire Player Rights to Isaac Hamilton
- Stockton Kings Acquire Player Rights to Derrick Griffin and First-Round Draft Picks
- Offseason Sit-Down: Dustin Toms
- Stockton Kings to Begin 2019-20 Season with Back-To-Back against Santa Cruz Warriors on November 8-9