Krane Lifts Pats to a Point in OT Loss
Regina, Saskatchewan - Riley Krane scored twice late in the third to earn the Pats a single point in a 3-2 overtime loss to the ICE in Winnipeg on Friday night.
In the first, the ICE outshot Regina 15-6 and found the game's first goal on the powerplay from Michal Teply. In the second, the ICE went up 2-0 on a marker from Brad Ginnell and took that lead into the third period. Max Paddock was stellar through the opening 40 minutes, making 26 saves. In the final frame, it stayed 2-1 until the Pats pulled Paddock for the extra attacker with under two minutes to play. Riley Krane scored his sixth and seventh goals of the season with 1:21 and 25 seconds left to force overtime in a 2-2 game. In the extra period, the ICE got a powerplay goal from Peyton Krebs to take the extra point in a 3-2 final.
The Pats were outshot 43-25, did not have a powerplay and the penalty kill was four for six. Riley Krane and Robbie Holmes led the offence with two-point nights, while Max Paddock made 40 saves.
The Pats (6-17-3-0) will return home on Saturday to take on the Red Deer Rebels for Teddy Bear Toss Night at 7 p.m. at the Brandt Centre.
Winnipeg - Michal Teply (12) from Peyton Krebs and Carson Lambos - 11:49 PP.
Winnipeg - Brad Ginnell (9) from Cole Muir - 7:52.
Regina - Riley Krane (6) from Carson Denomie and Robbie Holmes - 18:39 6v5.
Regina - Riley Krane (7) from Robbie Holmes and Austin Pratt - 19:35 6v5.
Winnipeg - Peyton Krebs (2) from Ben Zloty and Michal Teply - 2:28 PP.
Shots on Goal
Regina 6-9-10-0-(25) Winnipeg 15-13-12-3-(43)
Regina 0/0 Winnipeg 2/6
- Robbie Holmes played in his 200th career WHL game on Friday in Winnipeg.
- The Pats finish their seven-game road stretch with a 3-3-1-0 record.
- Riley Krane and Robbie Holmes each had two points in the contest.
The Pats will return home on Saturday to take on the Red Deer Rebels for Teddy Bear Toss Night at 7 p.m. at the Brandt Centre. Tickets are available at reginapats.com, the Brandt Centre Box Office or at any Regina Safeway location.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from December 6, 2019
- Krane Lifts Pats to a Point in OT Loss - Regina Pats
- Raiders Fall To Rockets - Prince Albert Raiders
- Warriors Downed by Rebels Friday at Mosaic Place - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Early Deficit Too Much for Broncos in Loss to Everett - Swift Current Broncos
- Teddy Bear Toss Game Hub: December 7 - Portland Winterhawks
- Kelowna opens road trip with a 2-1 win in Prince Albert - Kelowna Rockets
- Knak Invited to Switzerland Camp - Portland Winterhawks
- Lang and Baragano to Attend U-20 National Team Camps - Kamloops Blazers
- Silvertips Acquire 4th Round Selection in '20 from Seattle for Patterson - Everett Silvertips
- T-Birds Acquire Max Patterson from Everett - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Game 28 at Lethbridge - Medicine Hat Tigers
- ICE and Pats Meet for Third Time this Season - Winnipeg Ice
- Calgary Hitmen Game Preview - Friday, December 6 vs. Edmonton - Calgary Hitmen
- Game Day Preview: Pats Conclude Seven-Game Road Stretch in Winnipeg Friday - Regina Pats
- T-Birds Acquire First, Second, and Fifth Round Picks from Kelowna for Matthew Wedman - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Chiefs Acquire Veteran Forward Leif Mattson from Kelowna - Spokane Chiefs
- Rockets acquire Matthew Wedman from Seattle, send Leif Mattson to Spokane - Kelowna Rockets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.