Game Day Preview: Pats Conclude Seven-Game Road Stretch in Winnipeg Friday
The Regina Pats (6-17-2-0) will wrap up a stretch of seven straight road games on Friday night when they visit the Winnipeg ICE (15-11-1-0). Puck drop is at 7:30 p.m. at the Wayne Fleming Arena. The Pats are coming off a 7-1 loss in Edmonton on Sunday and are 3-3-0 in the first six games of this road swing. The ICE were home to Swift Current on Wednesday and picked up a 4-2 victory. Tonight is the third of four meetings between Regina and Winnipeg, the Pats are 0-2-0-0 in the season series. The game can be heard with Bennett Dunlop Ford Pats Hockey starting at 7:05 p.m. on 620 CKRM .
Regular Season Comparison Regina Winnipeg
Record 6-17-2-0 15-11-1-0
Goals For/Against 66/103 (-37) 96/108 (-12)
Powerplay 15.7% (17/108) 21.0% (25/119)
Penalty Kill 79.3% (88/111) 67.5% (56/83)
Team Save Percentage 0.875 0.862
Leading Scorer Austin Pratt (10-12-22) Michal Teply (11-15-26)
Leading Scorer (Defence) Zach Wytinck (2-15-17) Reece Harsch (2-11-13)
Scoring by Period (1st-2nd-3rd-OT-SO) 26-22-16-0-2 28-44-32-1-0
- The Pats will meet the ICE for the third time, Winnipeg took the first two meetings, one at home and one on the road.
- The Pats are 5-7-2-0 in their last 14 games after a 1-10-0-0 start to the year.
- The Pats are 3-7-0-0 against the East Division this season.
- Robbie Holmes will play in his 200th career WHL game tonight.
- Holmes took over the team lead in goals with his 11th of the year on Sunday in Edmonton.
- Max Paddock is 2-2-0-0 in his last four games, with a 2.51 GAA and a .938 save percentage with one shutout.
- Austin Pratt is third in the WHL with 121 shots on goal.
- The Regina powerplay is nine for 26 in their last six games, they were eight for 82 in their first 19 games.
Pats forward Robbie Holmes has taken over the team lead in goals for the season thanks to his 11th of the season on Sunday in Edmonton. The 20-year-old is enjoying the best offensive stretch of his WHL career with six goals in his last six games. He recorded his first career hat trick on November 22 in Swift Current and added single goals in Brandon, Red Deer and Calgary over the last week. Holmes is currently tied for third on the team in points with 17 through 25 games.
The Pats powerplay has goals in six straight games entering Friday night in Winnipeg. The club has gone nine for 26 in that stretch, scoring three goals in one game, two in another and then four straight games with one powerplay goal. For the season, the Pats are 18th in the WHL on the powerplay at 15.7 per cent.
Pats Approaching Notable Career Highlights
Austin Pratt is 21 games away from 300 in his WHL career.
Robbie Holmes is 1 game away from 200 in his WHL career and 16 points away from 100.
Zach Wytinck is 14 games away from 200 in his WHL career and 17 points away from 100.
Riley Krane is 9 games away from 100 in his WHL career.
Nikita Sedov is 12 games away from 100 in his WHL career.
Last Pats Game
The Regina Pats finished their Central Division road trip with a 7-1 loss in Edmonton to the Oil Kings on Sunday. In the first, the Oil Kings got goals from Jalen Luypen even strength and Ethan McIndoe on the powerplay to lead 2-0 at the break. The Oil Kings went up 3-0 in the early going. Regina cut the lead to two on the powerplay, when Robbie Holmes jammed in his team leading 11th at the 6:54 mark. Edmonton responded with two goals after that and led 5-1 after 40 minutes. In the third, Edmonton added goals from Jalen Luypen and Tyler Horstmann and took the two points in a 7-1 final. The shots on goal were 33-33 in the game, the Regina powerplay went one for five, the penalty kill was three for four, while Donovan Buskey made 26 saves.
Last Pats Game Vs Edmonton
November 9, 2019 - Carter Massier scored twice and Max Paddock made 33 saves, but the Pats fell 5-4 in Winnipeg to the ICE. Isaac Johnson scored twice and added an assist for Winnipeg, Michael Milne scored twice, and Ben Zloty picked up two assists. Dean McNabb made 30 saves for the ICE in the win.
Last 10 Games Vs Opponent
November 9, 2019 - Regina 4 @ Winnipeg 5
September 29, 2019 - Winnipeg 5 @ Regina 2
February 20, 2019 - Kootenay 4 @ Regina 5 SO
January 16, 2019 - Kootenay 4 @ Regina 3
November 13, 2018 - Regina 2 @ Kootenay 5
October 12, 2018 - Regina 3 @ Kootenay 2
March 9, 2018 - Regina 2 @ Kootenay 1 OT
February 9, 2018 - Kootenay 4 @ Regina 2
November 1, 2017 - Kootenay 1 @ Regina 5
October 24, 2017 - Regina 6 @ Kootenay 3
Pats Leaders Vs Winnipeg/Kootenay (Career)
Austin Pratt - 22 GP, 7G, 9A, 16 PTS.
Zach Wytinck - 17 GP, 3G, 10A, 13 PTS
Robbie Holmes - 10 GP, 5G, 2A, 7 PTS.
Caiden Daley - 15 GP, 1G, 6A, 7 PTS.
Logan Nijhoff - 8 GP, 1G, 3A, 4 PTS.
Max Paddock - 6 GP, 3-1-0-0, 14 GA.
Individual Streaks (Active)
Austin Pratt - 3 games (1G, 2A).
Robbie Holmes - 2 games (2G).
Ty Kolle - 2 games (2G, 1A).
Individual Streaks (Recent)
Logan Nijhoff - 5 games, October 12-November 1 (4G, 2A).
Pats Vs Red Deer - Saturday December 7, 7 p.m. - Brandt Centre (CKRM)
Pats Vs Kamloops - Wednesday December 11, 7 p.m. - Brandt Centre (CKRM)
Pats Vs Kelowna - Friday December 13, 7 p.m. - Brandt Centre (CKRM)
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from December 6, 2019
- Krane Lifts Pats to a Point in OT Loss - Regina Pats
- Raiders Fall To Rockets - Prince Albert Raiders
- Warriors Downed by Rebels Friday at Mosaic Place - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Early Deficit Too Much for Broncos in Loss to Everett - Swift Current Broncos
- Teddy Bear Toss Game Hub: December 7 - Portland Winterhawks
- Kelowna opens road trip with a 2-1 win in Prince Albert - Kelowna Rockets
- Knak Invited to Switzerland Camp - Portland Winterhawks
- Lang and Baragano to Attend U-20 National Team Camps - Kamloops Blazers
- Silvertips Acquire 4th Round Selection in '20 from Seattle for Patterson - Everett Silvertips
- T-Birds Acquire Max Patterson from Everett - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Game 28 at Lethbridge - Medicine Hat Tigers
- ICE and Pats Meet for Third Time this Season - Winnipeg Ice
- Calgary Hitmen Game Preview - Friday, December 6 vs. Edmonton - Calgary Hitmen
- Game Day Preview: Pats Conclude Seven-Game Road Stretch in Winnipeg Friday - Regina Pats
- T-Birds Acquire First, Second, and Fifth Round Picks from Kelowna for Matthew Wedman - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Chiefs Acquire Veteran Forward Leif Mattson from Kelowna - Spokane Chiefs
- Rockets acquire Matthew Wedman from Seattle, send Leif Mattson to Spokane - Kelowna Rockets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Regina Pats Stories
- Dubinsky Tallies in OT to Lift Pats
- Game Day Preview: Pats Host First Meeting of 2019-20 Season with Saskatoon Sunday
- Lethbridge Bolts to 5-0 Lead, Cruises to 7-2 Win
- Game Day Preview: Pats Back Home to Take on Lethbridge Friday
- Pats Re-Call 16-Year-Old Easton Armstrong