Kickoff Time Changed for LouCity Finale
The opening whistle for Louisville City FC's Oct. 3 game against Sporting KC II will now blow at 8 p.m. ET inside Lynn Family Stadium as a tight race to the USL Championship playoffs concludes
A half-hour adjustment - kickoff was originally scheduled for 7:30 p.m. - puts those pair of Group E clubs in line to start play at the same time as Indy Eleven at Saint Louis FC in another regular-season finale.
Results on Oct. 3 could influence both who makes it to the postseason and how sides are seeded for the single-elimination playoffs with the top two finishers from each group advancing.
LouCity is in line to clinch a playoff spot this week. From there, the boys in purple have two games to go - before hosting SKC II, they visit Saint Louis FC this Saturday - in hopes of securing the top seed.
To open the playoffs, the Nos. 1 and 2 seeds from Group E will match up with the 2 and 1, respectively, from Group F. Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC (10-3-1, 31 points) and Hartford Athletic (8-3-1, 25 points) currently occupy Group F's playoff spots.
Upcoming LouCity games...
- Saturday: at Saint Louis FC (8 p.m.)
- Oct. 3: versus Sporting KC II (8 p.m.)
USL Championship playoffs...
- Oct. 8-11: Conference Quarterfinals
- Oct. 15-18: Conference Semifinals
- Oct. 22-25: Conference Finals
- TBD: USL Championship Final
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 22, 2020
- STLFC Comes Back to Draw 2-2 against Pittsburgh Riverhounds - Saint Louis FC
- Around the League - USL Playoff Push - Sacramento Republic FC
- Match Preview: ATL UTD 2 vs New York Red Bulls II - Atlanta United 2
- Preview: Austin Bold FC vs Sporting Kansas City II - Austin Bold FC
- Charlotte Independence v Miami FC: Match Preview - Charlotte Independence
- Austin Youth Standout AJ Francois Joins Austin Bold FC - Austin Bold FC
- Loudoun United FC Match against the Charleston Battery Postponed - Loudoun United FC
- Crognale, Brett Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - Birmingham Legion FC
- Aaron Maund Named to Week 13 USL Team of the Week - Charlotte Independence
- SD Loyal's Rubio Rubin Named USL Championship Player of the Week Ã¢ÂÂ Week 13 - San Diego Loyal
- San Diego's Rubio Rubin earns Player of the Week after hat trick in victory against Rising FC - USL
- Christiano Francois and Younes Boudadi named to USL Team of the Week - Reno 1868 FC
- Match against North Carolina FC Postponed - Memphis 901 FC
- Three Takeaways from #SACvTAC - Sacramento Republic FC
- Kickoff Time Changed for LouCity Finale - Louisville City FC
- SD Loyal Heads North to Face Group B Rival LA Galaxy II - San Diego Loyal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Louisville City FC Stories
- McCabe to Continue Unprecedented Run with LouCity
- Leading Scorer Lancaster Staying with LouCity on Multiyear Deal
- LouCity Ushers in Next Chapter with Rebrand, New Logo
- Totsch Locked in as Latest Returner; 'This Has Truly Become My Home'
- All-League Defender Totsch Locked in for 2021 Season