Kicker Shelley Assigned to Rattlers
Phoenix, Ariz. - The world champion Arizona Rattlers have been assigned kicker Jeremy Shelley for the 2015 Arena Football League (AFL) season. This will be Shelley's first season in the AFL, and with the Arizona Rattlers.
Shelley was one of fourteen kickers who tried out for the Rattlers this offseason after kicker Craig Ratanamorn retired. His accuracy and power impressed head coach and general manager Kevin Guy enough to earn a spot on the team.
In 2013, the 5-foot-10, 165-pound Shelley spent the entire preseason with the National Football League's Atlanta Falcons before he was ultimately cut.
Shelley had a remarkable career at Alabama. He participated in three national championships, and is the 5th all-time leading scorer in Alabama history. His senior season at Alabama was particularly special, as he did not miss a single extra point or field goal, which earned him the Vlade Award presented by the Touchdown Club of Columbus as the nation's most accurate kicker.
The Arizona Rattlers will face the Spokane Shock Saturday, March 28th at 6 p.m. in the US Airways Center. For additional information please visit www.azrattlers.com.
Images from this story
Kicker Jeremy Shelley at Alabama
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from March 26, 2015
- Kicker Shelley Assigned to Rattlers - Arizona Rattlers
- CBS Sports Network Commentator Team Announced for 2015 AFL Season - AFL
- Sharks Announce "Firehouse 55" Promotion - Jacksonville Sharks
- Six Former Pittsburgh Power Players and Coach Rejoin in Philadelphia - Philadelphia Soul
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Arizona Rattlers Stories
- Auditions Set for the 2019 Arizona Sidewinders
- Rattlers Announce Open Tryout
- Rattlers Name Oscar Hernandez as Sidewinders Director; Shelby Regier as Assistant Director
- Sidewinders Angie Baker Named Director of Cheerleaders for Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Rattlers; Detroit Drive Still Only Teams to Three-Peat