Kansas City Current Travel to Florida to Face the Orlando Pride
KANSAS CITY - The Kansas City Current head out this weekend on the first of three road trips in the month of May, traveling to face the Orlando Pride on Saturday, May 14 at 5:30 p.m. CT. The match will be broadcast locally on KMCI, 38 The Spot and stream nationally on Paramount+.
Kansas City heads into week three of the regular season off a tough defeat to the Houston Dash on May 8. That match was the third for Kansas City in eight days as the team finished its run through the Challenge Cup and the opening weekend of the regular season.
The Orlando Pride are 1-1-0 in the season so far after defeating Angel City 1-0 last weekend in Los Angeles. Forward Sydney Leroux scored early in the match, getting the eventual game-winner in the third minute of play.
Kansas City played the Orlando Pride twice in the 2021 regular season. Orlando took the first match 1-0, then traveled to Kansas City and won 3-1 three weeks later. These two teams have never met in the Challenge Cup, but they have played each other in a pair of preseason matches with the Current winning once and the other ending in a draw.
PLAYERS TO WATCH
Kansas City Current goalkeeper AD Franch - Franch joined the Current midway through the 2021 season. She is one of the league's all-time greats with a NWSL best 1.02 goals against average. Franch surpassed 10,000 minutes played in the match last week against the Houston Dash.
Orlando Pride forward Sydney Leroux - Leroux started her NWSL career with Boston in 2013. Making stops in Seattle, Western New York and Kansas City along the way, she joined the Pride in 2018. In her career she has 113 games played and 37 goals.
Orlando Pride vs Kansas City Current
Sunday, May 14 at 5:30 p.m. CT
Exploria Stadium - Orlando, Fla.
Broadcast on KMCI, 38 The Spot
Radio on SportsRadio 810 WHB
Stream on Paramount+
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from May 13, 2022
- NWSL Announces Covid Replacement Player Policy - NWSL
- Kansas City Current Travel to Florida to Face the Orlando Pride - Kansas City Current
- Orlando Pride Returns Home to Take on Kansas City Current - Orlando Pride
- Match Preview: San Diego vs Chicago - Chicago Red Stars
- Houston Dash Add Matt Lampson as Goalkeeper Coach - Houston Dash
- Houston Dash Continue Road Stretch against Racing Louisville - Houston Dash
- What to Watch for with Racing vs. Houston Dash - Racing Louisville FC
- OL Reign Ready for First Cascadia Clash of the Regular Season - OL Reign
- NWSL Announces Dr. Cindy Chang as Chief Medical Officer - NWSL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Current Stories
- Dani Welniak Joins Kansas City Current as Executive Director of Communications
- Kansas City Current Officially Unveils World Class Training Complex
- Kansas City Current Continue Unbeaten Streak Against Chicago
- Unbeaten Streaks Take Center Stage in Kansas City Current's Final Game of Homestand
- Hamilton's Late Goal Gives New-Look Kansas City Current 1-0 Victory